Backfire

Chapter Seventeen

Antoine was awoken by the sound of the shower in the distance. He looked outside and noticed that it was still dark and that his naked body has been covered with a warm blanket. He stood up and followed the sound of the water splashing against the floor. Once he reached the bathroom, he supported himself against the door frame and admired how Caleb soaped his body. Antoine bit his lip as he stared at Caleb's naked body, although the steam of the hot water didn't give him a complete view. Antoine was lost in Caleb's back muscles when Caleb turned around and noticed Antoine standing by the door.

"D'you want to join me?" Caleb smirked.

"Let's save up the water" Antoine said as he got into the shower.

Caleb stepped to the side and let Antoine feel the hot water. Caleb admired how Antoine closed his eyes and enjoyed how the drops drenched his body. Caleb took some body wash and soaped Antoine's back while he still felt the water in his face. Caleb moved his hands in circles, making it sure that he covered all of Antoine's back before going to his favorite part: the lower back.

Antoine turned around and started soaping Caleb's pecs while Caleb couldn't take his hands off Antoine's back. They had their eyes fixed on each other, their eye contact had them daydreaming, only to be broken by Antoine directing his eyes to Caleb's lips. The distance between their heads shortened and soon their lips engaged in a deep kiss. Antoine tried to deepen the kiss by drawing Caleb closer, but he slipped and almost felt to the ground in the attempt; it was a close call.

"I think it's quite dangerous to be kissing in the shower" Caleb chuckled. "You scratched my arm with your nails."

"Shit, I'm sorry" Antoine looked concerned. "I didn't do it intentionally."

"It's fine" Caleb beamed. "Let's get out, I'll make you some hot chocolate."

Antoine entered to the kitchen feeling like a little kid inside Caleb's T-shirt: it fitted him quite big. They settled down in the living room after Caleb served hot chocolate in a couple of red mugs. The dark night turned into a shimmer twilight as there was just a couple of hours before sunrise. Antoine smiled at the memories of the night before. Even though he was scared at first, he could only think in going for a second and a third round. Caleb quickly engaged him in a conversation and, between laughs and jokes, the sun was soon warming up their bodies through the living room window.

Caleb's alarm went off back in the bedroom, reminding him he had to go to work in a couple of hours. Caleb rolled his eyes once he heard the annoying sound coming from his room, he wanted to keep talking to Antoine, but the only straight thing in his life was his priorities. He stood up and shut down the alarm before going back to the kitchen and start making some breakfast. The smell of scrambled eggs made Antoine hungry instantly, Caleb was a talented cooker; he had Antoine hooked up since the first bite.

"This is delicious!" Antoine exclaimed as he devoured the scrambled eggs.

"I know" Caleb chuckled.

"I could get used to eating this everyday" Antoine commented, Caleb looked at him. "Not-that I'm pretending anything..."

"I get the compliment" Caleb beamed at him. "Thanks."

"I should probably get going, you need to get ready for work" Antoine said.

"If you want" Caleb replied as he took the dirty dishes to the sink.

"It was fun" Antoine smiled as he opened Caleb's door.

"It certainly was" Caleb affirmed as he followed Antoine.

"Can I see you tonight?" Antoine asked as he looked at the floor. "I need to give you your tee back."

"I have plans already" Caleb squinted his eyes, Antoine looked at him in shock. "Just kidding, of course."