Dulcet Dalliance

Chapter Twelve

It was the worst of times for Antoine and Caleb during the 9 resting sessions of physiotherapy, they craved to be with one another but they couldn't. Antoine stole some kisses and so did Caleb, but nothing went further than some pecks. The fear of Caleb loosing his job was overwhelming, he knew he couldn't be romantically envolved with patients, but he really, really liked Antoine. The two months they spend together were priceless for Caleb, they had enough time to get to know each other without jeopardizing anything, not that they were doing anything wrong though.

Antoine enjoyed spending time with Caleb, his sassy and sweet personality had him hooked on him since day one. Antoine finally understood that being gay was nothing to feel ashamed or sad, beyond being a genetic factor, he understood that accepting and loving oneself was amazingly freeing. He, actually, was happy that he had to go through that process, because he learnt that he was stronger and braver than he thought he was; being gay didn't mean that he was least man.

"How do you feel?" Caleb asked after massaging Antoine's shoulder one last time.

"My shoulder feels like new" Antoine smiled as he moved his shoulder in circles. "I think now it is better than it was at the beginning."

"I'm glad to hear that" Caleb smiled as he started packing up all the stuff.

"So.." Antoine trailed. "No more sessions?"

"No, today was the last one" Caleb said, kind of sad.

"This means that you can invite me out now, right?" Antoine chuckled, Caleb laughed.

"We can hang out, if you want" Caleb shrugged, Antoine nodded beamingly.

"I got you a present" Antoine muttered as he took out a brown envelope out of his back pocket.

"I would've gotten you something if I knew" Caleb blushed as Antoine chuckled.

Caleb took out a blue keychain from the brown envelope Antoine gave him. It was a piece of blue metal shaped as the map of Germany with the letters «Kaleb» written on it. Whenever Caleb saw his name with a K, he would get mad, but this time he would only care for Antoine even more. Antoine felt nervous as Caleb held the keychain in his hand, he perfectly knew that Caleb's name was with a C, but the gal at the airport told him that it was the German way to write the name.

"I got it at Dortmund" Antoine uttered. "It's just a little something, I saw it at the airport and thought of you and how..."

"It's perfect" Caleb smiled at Antoine cutting him off in mid-sentence. "Thank you so much."

"It's nothing" Antoine sat down next to Caleb, both staring at the front door.

"Now I feel bad because I didn't get you anything" Caleb pouted, Antoine melted in the inside.

"It's nothing, like I said" Antoine smiled. "You fixed my shoulder, what else can I ask for?"

"Well, that's my job" Caleb chuckled. "Why don't we go out tonight?"

"No, I pass" Antoine shook his head.

"Come on!" Caleb insisted. "I know a really good one in the downtown, seven stories high, lots of shows, live music, it's good."

"I don't usually go out" Antoine said. "I don't really like the attention I get."

"It'll be fine" Caleb shrugged. "Nobody will notice you are there."

"How do you know?" Antoine squinted his eyes.

"Last time I was there, Shakira was there too" Caleb said, Antoine raised his eyebrows. "And I didn't know it until the next day."

"Okay" Antoine sighed. "I'll come."

Caleb gave Antoine a kiss in the cheek before going home, which caught Antoine completely off guard; Antoine's cheeks were still burning by the time Caleb drove off his driveway. It was close to eleven in the night when Antoine could've sworn that his cheeks were still burning by the time he reached Caleb's apartment. A shirtless Caleb opened the door which left Antoine speechless, —and gave Antoine's cheeks a new reason to keep burning— he invited him in and it was actually the first time Antoine saw Caleb's place. Antoine settled back in the living room and waited for Caleb to be ready.

"What do you think?" Caleb said as he swapped between a navy and a white shirt.

"I like the navy" Antoine said.

"White it is" Caleb laughed at Antoine's expression as he put on the navy shirt and went to his bedroom to hang the white shirt.

"Are you waiting for someone?" Antoine asked Caleb as he heard a knock on the door.

"No" Caleb shouted from the bedroom. "Can you see who it is?"

Antoine's gut told him it was a bad idea, but he agreed to open the door anyways. Antoine tucked his phone in his back pocket and opened the door, Antoine's eyes opened like plates when he saw Erika.

"Who was it?" Caleb asked as he came back from his bedroom.

"Hey" Erika uttered very confused.

"Hi, Erika" said Caleb.

"Yeah, hi" Antoine added.

"What are you guys doing?" Erika asked suspiciously.

"We are going out" Caleb said as if it was nothing. "Teatro Kapital."

"I heard that place is lit" Erika said.

"You want to join us?" Antoine shrugged.

"Yes!!" Erika exclaimed happily.

It was a quarter past midnight when they finally set out to the seven-story, giant club in downtown Madrid. Erika, Caleb and Antoine got in pretty quickly since Caleb was friends with the guard, they arrived to a nice table in the middle of the fifth floor, surrounded by drinks and good music. Caleb, Antoine and Erika danced in a trio in the middle of the club until a handsome guy came up and flirted with Erika with whom she started dancing. Caleb and Antoine were left dancing alone to which Antoine felt kind of awkward.

Caleb gave a couple of shots to Antoine before he could start loosening up and dancing more tightly. Caleb embraced Antoine by the waist and started controlling the dance movements, Antoine let Caleb take over as he held his drink in one hand and Caleb's bicep in the other one. Caleb slowly sliced his hands down Antoine's lower back until he reached his perfectly round and hard twins; heaven. They were enjoying themselves when the music went down a little bit.

"Como la estáis pasando!!" The DJ screamed through the microphone. Antoine looked at the dark haired DJ and immediately felt how the DJ looked back at him; among all hundreds people, he could exactly feel his gaze over him.

"But lookie, look who is here?" He added through the mic. "Isn't that Antoine Griezmann?"

People went crazy on the crowd trying to spot Antoine in the crowd. Antoine's tipsiness went away as he started to feel all the eyes on him.

"But he's not alone" he continued. "He's very well accompanied tonight, and not by a girl."

People screamed, Antoine felt like dying.

"Who is that guy with you Antoine, huh?" He asked more aggressively. "Isn't that my ex-boyfriend?"

People began chattering and murmuring around Antoine, some of them even taking pictures and aiming their phones at him. Caleb couldn't not express how angry he felt at Gabriel for humiliating Antoine. The look on Antoine's face broke his heart immediately, but before he could say anything to Antoine, he ran away with Erika behind him. Gabriel turned up the music and people stopped looking at Antoine's direction and began dancing again, but that time Caleb stood motionless in the middle of the dance floor, staring at the direction Antoine ran off.

He was gone.