Ethereal Limerence

Chapter Ten

Antoine rushed to the door as soon as he heard the doorbell on that Friday afternoon. He smiled and welcomed Caleb as soon as he opened the door, it was the first time in three weeks they saw each other. The first session of physiotherapy had finally arrived, which had Antoine feeling thrilled because it was the last step before finally returning to the pitch. In those three weeks, Antoine was able to go to the trainings and rejoin the team meetings whilst Caleb had some time for himself to recover from Gabriel's breakup.

"How's that shoulder been?" Caleb asked as he put on his stethoscope.

"Improving" Antoine smiled.

"Let me just take the immobilizer out and we'll start from there" Caleb said.

Caleb checked Antoine's temperature and used his stethoscope to listen to his lungs and heart. Caleb smiled when Antoine's heart started beating slightly faster by his touch. Antoine felt vulnerable as Caleb listened to his heartbeats; he was taking too much time with the stethoscope. If Antoine had an stethoscope right on Caleb's heart, he would have heard that Caleb's heart had the same rate of heartbeats as his; both hearts synchronized.

Antoine admired Caleb's little hairs over his lips and Cupid bow, the smell of his cologne arrived to Antoine's nostrils making him close his eyes in pleasure. Antoine was enjoying the smell of Caleb when he heard a little chuckcle coming from Caleb, he opened his eyes abruptly and saw Caleb's eyes looking directly into his. Antoine felt his cheeks burning as he tried to look everywhere but Caleb.

Caleb scribbled down all of Antoine's vital signs on his medical record before taking off the immobilizer. Antoine felt free for the first time in two months, not just physically but also mentally. He didn't blame himself for being attracted to Caleb anymore, he actually felt «allowed» by himself to admire how hot he was; no wonder why Erika wanted to hit on him too. He was finally understanding that there's was nothing wrong with him, he had just a different taste to the average.

On the other side, it was no surprise Caleb was distracted by Antoine's clothing, he actually asked him to wear comfortable clothes for the sessions, but he never imagined Antoine would show up in those alluring tight shorts. Caleb bit his lower lip as he recklessly admired how those fitted shorts highlighted Antoine's assets —emphasis on the first three letters— entirely. He knew it was unprofessional of him to be checking out a patient, but he unapologetically couldn't help it.

"What are you going to do with those?" Antoine asked as he saw Caleb taking out two silver rings.

"Just some electromagnetic therapy" Caleb replied as if it was obvious. "To stimulate your shoulder muscles that had been quite inactive the past months."

"Okay" Antoine sighed; if Caleb only knew that he stimulated him visually.

"I just need to take your shirt off" Caleb asked him softly. Antoine nodded.

Caleb knew he could've just rolled up Antoine's sleeves, but he didn't want Antoine to be uncomfortable during the electromagnetic therapy. Sure. He saw Antoine's struggling and helped him taking off his T-shirt, Antoine's body shivered at the touch of Caleb's fingertips on his hips, making it all the way up to his ribs. Caleb's touch lingered on Antoine's skin, giving him goosebumps. Caleb put some transparent ointment on Antoine's skin before he started pressing the silver rings over Antoine's shoulder.

"Does it hurt?" Caleb asked. He knew he had to ask that question to all his patients —which he couldn't care less,— but when it came to Antoine, he really meant it.

"Not at all" Antoine replied.

"That's good" Caleb nodded.

Caleb carefully massaged Antoine's shoulder with his fingers, Antoine discreetly drew his body nearer Caleb's, making his back touch Caleb's chest. Antoine felt Caleb's respiration on his neck, he closed his eyes and enjoyed the smooth movements Caleb was making with his fingers. Antoine rested his head on Caleb's shoulder while Caleb continued. Antoine rested his hands on his lap, fingers interlaced; the state of relaxation was such that he felt like falling asleep. In a matter of milliseconds, Antoine's fingers slipped, loosing his grip and his hand fell from his lap.

Caleb was really focused on Antoine's shoulder when he felt something —like knuckles— slightly hitting his crotch. Caleb's reaction was to throw his hips to the back while Antoine yanked his hand quickly from where it felt. Caleb's cheeks were burning, so did Antoine's.

"I'm so sorry" Antoine uttered. "It was an accident."

Caleb chuckled. "It's okay, it's okay. I'm pretty good with the fingers apparently."

"You are" Antoine agreed. "You almost had me sleeping."

Caleb showed Antoine some soft exercises before packing up all the stuff. He made Antoine sign some papers before heading out to his car, Antoine was kind enough to make Caleb company all the way to his car. It was a starry, very hot night in Madrid, the few steps it took to get from the entrance to the driveway had Antoine and Caleb sweating heavily. Caleb wiped out the sweat in his forehead with back of his hand before rummaging his pockets searching for his keys. Antoine noticed how hot it was without the air conditioning, he could only think in plunging into the pool; chin-chin.

"Hey" Antoine said calling Caleb's attention. "It's pretty hot tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to stay and get in the pool with me."

"Sounds good" Caleb smiled. "Just let me go to my house and get my swimsuit."

"No" Antoine scoffed. "I'll lend you one."

Antoine gave Caleb some swimming shorts with pink flamingos on it that went along with the ones with palm trees he was using: matching outfits, yay. Caleb tried them on and felt a little tight for his liking, they didn't look bad on him though. Antoine's mouth almost fell to the ground as he saw how ripped Caleb's body was, he couldn't stop watching at his legs, abs and pecs. He was sure that Caleb liked to hit the gym.

They plunged into the pool and splashed water on each other. Caleb admired the whole city from Antoine's infinity pool, all the lights flickered like glitter in the distance. Caleb placed his arms in the edge of the pool and rested his head on top of them, Antoine joined him and did exactly the same. They stared quietly at the city, unaware of how late it was getting.

"Beautiful, right?" Antoine uttered.

"Stunning" Caleb agreed.

"Here is where I bring all the girls to impress them" Antoine said looking absentmindedly at the distance. "This is a million dollar view."

"Are you trying to say that you invite me here to impress me?" Caleb squinted his eyes, Antoine looked at him. "Because you did."

Antoine smiled. "You know, I've never done this before, so this is kind of new to me, but I'm working on it and.."

"If you are going to kiss me, just do it" Caleb cut him off in mid-sentence.

Antoine looked at him in surprise, his wet hair made Caleb want him more. If little Antoine wasn't going to take a risk, he undoubtedly was going to. In a matter of seconds, Caleb grabbed Antoine by the chin and drew him closer to him, he passed him arm around Antoine's waist before pressing his lips against his. Antoine embraced Caleb by the neck, this time not wanting to stop anything. However, this time it was Antoine's surprise that the one that stopped the kiss was Caleb.

"This is wrong" Caleb said.

What?