All He Does, He Does It For Him

Chapter Twenty-Three

Caleb had the privilege of sitting with the WAGs in the VIP area for the World Cup final. Most of them were wearing the French jersey with the name of their husbands printed in the back. Caleb drank some vodka in the VIP lounge as they waited for the M.A.s to guide them to their seats in front of the pitch. The lounge was mostly filled with women who were very beautiful and elegant, some of them had children and nannies with them, to which Caleb couldn't feel more out of place. Caleb looked out the window at the thousands of people wearing blue and white jerseys arriving to the stadium, he drained the rest of his glass of vodka and went to the bar to ask for a refill.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one drinking on here" a brunette girl commented as she raised her glass at Caleb.

"It's never too early for a drink" Caleb goofed, she laughed.

"I'm Maria" she introduced herself, the Cartier bracelets on her wrist clattered as she stretched her hand to Caleb.

"I'm Caleb" he beamed. "Nice to meet you."

"Caleb" Maria repeated. "That's a pretty name."

"Yours too" Caleb replied condescendingly, she blushed.

"Well, cheers to that" Maria raised her glass and toasted it with Caleb's glass. "Who are you here with?"

"Antoine Griezmann" Caleb hissed, Maria opened her eyes in surprise.

"So, you're the guy he's dating" Maria sniggered excitedly.

"What?" Caleb almost choked with his drink.

"He didn't tell me personally" Maria clarified. "All I know is what Paul has told me."

"Did he say we were dating?" Caleb smiled broadly.

"He told me Grizzy told him he was dating a guy back in Madrid" Maria sipped her drink. "He didn't tell him much because he was pretty drunk."

Caleb chuckled.

"Why aren't you wearing his jersey?" Maria asked in surprise. "See mine? Pogba."

"I'm not French" Caleb shrugged.

"Neither am I" Maria laughed. "I'm just doing this for him, it means a lot to him. You should wear his, to show your support."

"Where can I get one?" Caleb replied.

"Honey, we better hurry" Maria said as she grabbed Caleb's hand and dragged him to the downstairs gift shop.

Caleb managed to get the last Griezmann jersey of the store as Antoine was the favorite player for the match. Caleb and Maria got back just in time to the VIP lounge before the MAs started directing everybody to their seats. As the whole lounge started to empty, Maria ushered Caleb to change into his jersey, the French and the Croatian teams had gone back to the dressing rooms to get ready for the final match of the World Cup. Maria peered through the window desperately as she started to make out the line of players making their way out to the stadium.

"You need to put it on now!" Maria exclaimed.

"The bathroom is locked" Caleb replied frustratedly.

"Oh gosh!" Maria scoffed before taking Caleb's T-shirt off.

Caleb's torso was exposed for the couple of people that remained in the lounge. He quickly put the jersey on and Maria dragged him to their seats behind all the WAGs. The French team made their way out to the pitch with children holding the hands of each player. The whole team beamed at the crowd of wives and children that came all the way to support them, Antoine couldn't help but open his mouth in surprise when he noticed how good the French jersey looked on Caleb, perfectly glued to his torso; highlighting the fit shape of his upper body.

The match went pretty tight between the two teams, but the French strength and strategy was more than enough to defeat the Croatians in the World Cup final. France had won the Russian World Cup and all the wives had gone down to the pitch to celebrate with their husbands. Antoine cheered and screamed happily with his teammates as they held the World Cup between their hands. Caleb watched cheerfully at how Antoine and his team kissed, hugged and lullabied the trophy; they goofed around and expressed their happiness in very different ways.

As more and more of Antoine's teammates rejoined with their wives, he felt more lonely in the pitch. Antoine was feeling on top of the world and he wanted to share it with Caleb, he looked for him everywhere in the pitch, but he was nowhere to be found. Caleb watched everything from where he had been sitting the whole time, he scavenged through the whole pitch looking for Antoine, but the amount of people in there were making it difficult to find him. And all at once, like a click, their eyes met.

Antoine frowned at not seeing Caleb in the pitch along with the other people. He beckoned Caleb to go there to which Caleb pointed himself with his finger and looked sideways as if he didn't completely understand that Antoine was beckoning at him. Antoine affirmed with his head to which Caleb nodded slightly and started making his way to where Antoine was standing.

"Why didn't you come here with the rest of them?" Antoine asked as Caleb reached him.

"I don't know" Caleb shrugged. "You were always so serious about your career... I didn't want to be in the picture."

"Allez, Caleb" Antoine hit him in the arm.

"Sorry, I just didn't know what to do" Caleb hissed. "Congratulations by the way."

"I want to share this kind of moments with you" Antoine said. "I don't want you to feel like you can't approach to me."

"I know, but I didn't want to do anything wrong" Caleb replied. "Didn't want you mad or upset that I entered to the pitch without your consent."

"You don't need my permission to come and celebrate with me" Antoine sighed softly.

"Well, I just didn't want you upset at me for crossing the line again" Caleb said.

"I don't want you to be afraid of me" Antoine hissed. "I want to be someone you can trust and be spontaneous with."

"I know but since we are in a public scenario, I maybe thought it would be better to..."

Antoine cut Caleb off in mid-sentence with a kiss, a public kiss. The cameras turned around just in time to catch the moment when Antoine Griezmann kissed, in front a million people, another man with the World Cup in his hands. The whole stadium went crazy and started cheering, screaming and whistling at the two guys that were kissing in the giant screen of the stadium.

"What have you done?" Caleb giggled as he finished giving a French kiss to the French champion.

"I think I just came out publicly" Antoine laughed. "And I'm not ever sorry about it..."