+thomas+

TITLE : MISUNDERSTANDINGS

WARNINGS : angst , jealousy , cute newt & (y/n) friendship

SUMMARY : (Y/N) is conflicted with her feelings and has a misunderstanding with Thomas from both of their parts.

WORDS : 1683

SONG : Elastic Heart - Sia

 SHE WALKED alone amongst the large field with the blazing sun shining on her exposed skin

SHE WALKED alone amongst the large field with the blazing sun shining on her exposed skin. The day was one of the hottest ones she has witnessed since being in the glade. (Y/N) smiled kindly to the gladers that passed by her, not noticing the longing looks they gave her.

But, the teenage boys knew their limits when it came to (Y/N). There was an unspoken rule between everyone in the glade to not make a move on her. But, there was always a hamartia in everything. That just so happened to be Thomas.

She had a certain soft spot for the whiskey haired boy. She always found her gaze drifting towards him when she was watering the gardens or raking the dirt. He was handsome without a doubt. Though, she knew to keep away after Alby had caught her gawking over him.

"He's trouble," Alby would say to her. "Doesn't know when to quite getting his hands dirty."

(Y/N) respected Albys wishes and didn't attempt to make a move. Unfortunately, her loyalty was tested as soon as Teresa showed up in the box. Her and Thomas immediately bonded over the time she has shown up in that box, and they were always caught talking together in the treehouse during the days.

(Y/N) wasn't usually the one to feel hopeless or even jealous, but she felt them both strongly. She didn't have anything against Teresa and didn't wish anything bad upon her, but she couldn't help the feeling of bitterness towards her. One day she shows up and Thomas is already talking to her more than he has ever towards (Y/N).

She does her best to not let it affect her mood and hard work she puts into her given job, and for the most part it doesn't. But the current day wasn't exceptionally a good one for (Y/N).

The heat made her tied up hair stick to her neck, an uncomfortable feeling arising throughout her body making her agitated. Her sensitive skin burning as she felt the rays of sunlight pierce it. She was beyond annoyed with anything and everything but was attempting to hide it as best she could.

She then had arrived at the gardens along the outskirts of the narrow woods. Picking up the rake that laid in the dirt, she sighed loudly catching her best friends attention. Nonetheless, she continued with her daily work.