+mitch+

TITLE : COLD HEART KILLER

WARNINGS : heartbreaking , angst , betrayal

SUMMARY : Mitch tells the reader who he really is and why he was with her in the first place.

WORDS : 976

SONG : M83 - Oblivion

HER BREATHE was taken from her lungs as she stood in the center of the room, her mind not processing what's in front of her

HER BREATHE was taken from her lungs as she stood in the center of the room, her mind not processing what's in front of her. The closet door is left open and on full view for her eyes. She wish she hadn't walked in because her mind couldn't except what she was witnessing.

Guns.

Different types of guns lay stacked in the closet against the wall. She felt sick to her stomach and felt her breathe begin to waver. But what disturbed her the most was her picture on the wall inside of it, her dads right beside her with red string attached from different articles leading to his picture, hers as well.

She knew exactly what it meant and felt every ounce of trust come tumbling down. (Y/N) knew what her father has done, as of working with different mafia groups, and she knew people were after him for the deaths he has caused. But she wouldn't expect someone so close to her to betray her and be a completely different person altogether. That someone being her boyfriend Mitch. Everything could have been a lie but she wouldn't know.

Heavy footsteps made itself present from the stairs, causing panic to set in but (Y/N) was frozen in her spot. She didn't want to run away anyways, she was tired of running away from her problems. The sound of the door opening behind her made her whole body tense, and she felt his presence there.

Turning around slowly she was met with the familiar man, his shaggy hair atop his head and eyes wide with fear. (Y/N) felt red hot tears stain her cheeks, rolling down leaving a blazing trail in its wake. Mitch stepped closer but she put her hand out, fear consuming her whole body, him noticing and feeling everything drop into the pit of his stomach.

"(Y/N) ... " She flinched at the sound of her name upon his lips, eyes blurring away his face with her constant tears.

"Who are you?" (Y/N) asked quietly, sobs making itself present from her lips.

"I'm Mitch you know that-"

"No! Why are you here! Who are you!" The anger showed through her spiteful voice, her wanting to throw something but also fall to her knees and cry. "Please don't lie to me anymore Mitch."

Her voice was full of desperation as she talked. She watched as his eyes began to gloss over, him looking away from her broken face. He looked back and she watched as his whole body seemed to convulse, tears leaving his eyes as his lips twitched gently.

"I never wanted to hurt you."

"But you wanted to hurt my dad, didn't you?" (Y/N) spoke with so much pain laced in her voice, body convulsing with her ever growing sobs. "I was just the ticket to him, get closer to me and you get closer to him. I'm right aren't I?"

Mitch didn't know what to say, because frankly she is right. That was his whole plan but everything changed as soon as he became closer to her. He was falling in love with her and that was never apart of his plan.

"Yes."

Mitch watched as every sob she was trying to cover up came right out, making every ounce of her dignity come tumbling down. Mitch couldn't tell her the complete truth, though. As much as it hurt him to see her breaking down because of him, he had to complete his mission no matter what.

He stepped closer, wanting to comfort her before he had to leave for good. He wanted the little time they had together to be savored well, but she backed up almost immediately.

"D-don't touch me!" (Y/N) screamed making Mitch stop in his tracks, a numbness taking over him completely as he felt the walls being built between them. "I don't want to ever see you after this day, Mitch. J-just stay out of my life."

As much as it hurt for those words to come from her mouth, she had to say them. She couldn't be with someone that used her as leverage to kill her father. Even if she was in love with him.

"I'm sorry (Y/N)." Mitch spoke quietly, and he didn't even stop to let his emotions take over his face. (Y/N) couldn't help but take slow and hesitant steps towards him, knowing this would be the last time they would see each other again.

Once she was in front of him, she gently took his tear stained face between her hands. Mitch looked down upon her with so much love and emotion, she almost, almost wanted to say how much she loves him. How much she doesn't want to leave but she couldn't. Mitch pulled her into his body feeling every perfect curve amongst her.

They didn't waste anytime before intertwining their lips, so much love and need in it, they didn't want to pull away. They didn't move but instead savored the feeling of their lips against each other. The passion put into the kiss was enough for (Y/N) to feel a painful ache in her heart.

Pulling away from each other, (Y/N) backed away with her eyes squeezed shut. Her lips swollen and trembling slightly, Mitch's doing the same. She took a large breathe before opening her eyes once again, ready to say her goodbye.

"Goodbye, Mitch."

She was walking hastily out of the room but he didn't try and stop her. He felt everything in his body become numb as he had lost himself once more. He was a cold heart killer to himself and (Y/N).