+stuart+

TITLE : LONGER THAN WE THINK

WARNINGS : kissing , fluff , slight angst

SUMMARY : (Y/N) and Stuart confess their feelings for each other after facing reality.

WORDS : 1137

SONG : Change Is Everything - Son Lux

THE BREEZE swept through her hair, the beautiful view before her making the whole scene almost surreal

THE BREEZE swept through her hair, the beautiful view before her making the whole scene almost surreal. The ocean waves cheapened down, far down, below her as she stood atop the cliff. The distance noice of cars honking and colossal city is shining into her eyes. The Golden Gate Bridge stood broad and tall as she admired everything about to city.

Her friends stood around her talking, laughter being present every other minute making a smile graze her lips. The small moment made her feel something deep inside her. Yearning is the best word she could think of. Yearning to have nights like these, staring out into the beautiful abyss with loved ones by her side, but it wasn't everlasting.

Soon she would be back home across the country after the Internship she has applied for and far, far away from her little infinity. She let out a sigh, then taking in the fresh air that would soon be gone and replaced with the suffocating and overwhelming air she once new. It wasn't fair. Turning her head she focused on the main conflict of leaving.

Stuart Twombly.

She'd be lying if she said she hadn't gained dealings for the boy, because unfortunately she has, big time. Everything about him made her crazy. From his gorgeous features and body to his slightly overbearing yet enjoyable personality. She had fallen head over heals for him and she couldn't imagine leaving him within a month.

He talked to Nick with his arms folded, smile adoring his pink lips as he laughed at something Nick had said. (Y/N) couldn't help her own smile that seemed to stretch upon her lips at the small gesture. Turning her gaze back to in front of her, she continued to admire the masterpiece in front of her, not noticing Stuart was doing the same but it wasn't the view he was admiring.

Stuart had fallen for the quirky and gentle woman over the extensive time he had gotten to know her. He loved everything she did and everything about her. He watched the way her eyes seemed to beam with a certain brightness as she stared out to the city, and he let a small grin set upon his lips, blocking out Nick for a quick second.

"Talk to her." Stuart whipped his head to the older man as he spoke, an approving smile playing at his lips. Stuart's mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water as he looked for the right words. "I mean come on Stuart. The summer is coming to an end and it's better to try and fail than not try at all."

"It's no that easy." Stuart shook his head, crossing his arms and rocking back and forth on his feet. "I would rather not risk our friendship because of some feelings."

"See that's some bullshit right there." Nick disagreed and Stuart scoffed out a laugh. "First off who wants to be stuck in the friend zone because I sure wouldn't. Secondly, they ain't just some feelings and you know that."

"Well what do you want me to say; I'm in love with her." Stuart spoke before he thought, and watched a smile pull at Nicks lips.

"Only if it's true." Nick said before he patted Stuart on the back and walked away from the conflicted man. Stuart sighed to himself and a ran a hand through his hair, tugging at the roots slightly.

Turning his attention back to her, he cursed at himself silently before taking slow steps towards her. (Y/N) looked at the approaching figure and let a large smile set on her lips at the man.

"Hey Stewie." (Y/N) spoke teasingly and Stuart rolled his eyes playfully, stopping beside the woman with his arm touching hers.

"Hey (Y/N/N)." Stuart spoke back teasingly and felt a warmth flood his chest at the angelic sound that escaped her lips. "Did you have fun, ya know tonight?"

"Yeah it was pretty fun I guess." (Y/N) said and let out a deep breathe making Stuart furrow his eyebrow at her.

"What's wrong?" Stuart asked and watched as she turned her attention back to him, a weak smile playing at her lips.

"It's just ... the summer is going be over soon and it feels like it just began. I don't want to leave you know?" (Y/N) confessed and gently let her head lay on Stuart's shoulder, him stiffening slightly but then slowly wrapping his arm around her.

"Yeah, I get it trust me." Stuart whipsered more to himself than her. Pursing his lip he deciphered on his next words. "(Y/N) I uh ... I've been wanting to tell you something for a while."

"Yes Stuart?" (Y/N) whispered back and let her eyes look into his in the most innocent way, Stuart gulped and let go of her, pulling back so he could look down at (Y/N). She frowned as he groaned in frustration with himself, scratching the back of his neck.

"Look ever since you have came into my life and I've gotten to become closer to you, even if your sometimes a sarcastic little shit," a giggle escaped (Y/N) at his words. "I just really, really, really like you."

With each word he got closer to her until his hands found her cheeks awaiting her answer. A blush rose to her cheek and she looked down at her feet while biting her lip. She then looked back up at him with a wide smile and Stuart felt butterflies fill his chest almost painfully.

"I really," her hand traveling to his chest, "really," she gently moved her hand up his broad and lean body giving him chills, "really," her arms wrapped around his neck and let her hands settle in the roots of his hair, massaging his scalp in the most pleasant way, "like you too."

"Good." Stuart said and placed his hands on her waist, gently squeezing the curves. They both leaned into each other until they could feel each other's breathes lingering on their faces, mint invading her nostrils. Just as their lips touched ever so gently, they let them linger against each other's savoring the feeling of their lips running against one another's.

Finally, they connected fully and both let out much needed moans into the others mouth. The feeling of their lips fully interlocking felt unreal to (Y/N). Stuart turned his head gently to the side to continue the kiss much deeper and more passionate, (Y/N) returning with just as much. Pulling away and out of breathe, she leaned her head against his chest.

"I guess we are going to be seeing each other longer than we thought." Stuart laughter out and a giggle escaped (Y/N).

"I hope so."