Chapter 3 - Good Girl;

"Mom! Dad! I'm home!" Seulgi said loud enough for her parents to hear as she took off her shoes and wore her slippers.

Seulgi dropped her bag on the floor before walking to the kitchen, and was welcomed by the sight of her mother feeding some food to her father for him to taste. Her dad cracked a smile as he showed a thumb up to her smiling mother. Seulgi loved seeing her parents having their moments. She loved seeing them still loving each other so deeply even after so many years. Her parents gave her faith that true love existed, and she wished that someday she also would find her soulmate, just like her parents found each other.

Her parents were her role models for pretty much everything there was to life. They were honest, kind, hardworking, smart, and caring. They were good people. They were examples of perseverance and simplicity. Seulgi always thought she was the luckiest to be born as their daughter. She also felt lucky her parents always supported her and her dream. She knew a lot of other trainees weren't supported as strongly as she was by their parents. Seulgi treasured her family more than anything else in this world. Her parents supported her from the day she said she wanted to become a singer, but always told her it was under the condition she did well at school as well. 

"Oh honey you're back!" Her mother welcomed her with her usual caring tone. "Come here and taste the soup!" Seulgi replied to her mother with a smile and hurried to her side. 

Seulgi opened her mouth as she faced her mother, waiting for her to feed her some soup with the spoon she was holding. Seulgi's mother carefully blew on the spoonful of soup she was holding in her delicate hand, and fed it to Seulgi when it was a bit a colder so her daughter wouldn't have her tongue burned. 

"Mmh!" Seulgi's eyes lit up as she swallowed the soup. "Mom it's delicious!"

"Isn't it?" Seulgi's father giggled a bit at the reaction of his precious daughter.

"Whatever mom cooks always tastes delicious anyway!" Seulgi said with a proud smile.

"I wonder who you take after for being such a good girl, honey." Her mom patted her head softly. 

"How did school go today?" Her dad asked.

"It went well! My friends and I played in the grass during our break since the weather was good! I also was praised by my Mathematics teacher because I was the only one in class who got the right answer to his question!" Seulgi proudly said while staring at her dad cutting some vegetables.

"What about practice? Was it tiring today?" Her mom asked carefully.

"It wasn't too tiring! It went well. We just danced a few times to Super Junior's 'Sorry Sorry' with all the trainees. Right! We also welcomed a new trainee!"

"A new trainee? This kid must be talented. It's not every day that a new trainee joins you." Her dad said feeling worried about his daughter.

He knew his daughter was talented, and would never give up. He also would never ask her to give up, since he knew becoming a singer was what she truly wanted. But whenever he heard about new trainees joining, he couldn't help but worry. He sometimes wondered if his daughter ever would debut as she wished. It was Seulgi's fifth year as a trainee, and he knew her friends of her age already debuted. He was afraid new trainees would take his daughter's place and debut instead of her. He knew his daughter worked very hard in order to debut. He knew how tired she was, but she would never tell. He also knew she probably felt as worried as he did, he just didn't want to pressure her more by sharing what he thought with her.

"I don't know yet, but he does look talented! He's very charismatic. His presence alone already is no joke."

"So it's a he? Is he handsome?" Her mom asked playfully.