Chapter 19 - Gardenias;

April, 15th 2016

Finally, it's the day, Seulgi thought to herself as she held the bouquet of gardenia flowers she had just bought close to her, her smile never disappearing. She looked down at the flowers she had carefully chosen with a satisfied smile.

You will like these right? She quietly wondered as she lightly touched the fragile petals of a flower. She had put a lot of care in choosing the flowers. Seulgi always was careful and thoughtful of such things, but truth to be told, it was the first time she had put so much care into a bouquet. But it wasn't just any kind of bouquet.

It was for him.

She giggled as she thought of the way she had bought these flowers a few minutes before.

"May I request for your help?" She had asked to the man in the flower shop.

"Of course! How can I help you?"

"I'm here to buy flowers for... An important friend of mine." She said, a small smile drawn on her face.

"Sure. Is it for a special occasion?" The man asked her as he walked to the flowers.

Seulgi's eyes sparkled at all the colorful flowers in front of her. "Yes! It's to celebrate... Uhm... Let's say a new beginning?" Seulgi replied as she giggled a bit.

"Did your friend find a new job?" The man asked her with a smile.

"Uhm well... I guess it could be something similar to this." Seulgi replied with a bright smile.

"Do you have any idea of what flowers you'd like to buy?"

"Uhm not really... I was thinking you could help me out." She replied as a giggle escaped her lipstick pink lips. "Do you perhaps have flowers that could symbolize something such as a new beginning?" She asked with curious eyes.

"I guess many flowers could suit that kind of meaning... But I might have something that could work." He replied as he walked closer to a vase filled up with white flowers. "These are gardenia flowers." He said as he pointed at the fragile looking flowers.

"Is there any other color for this flower?" Seulgi obliviously asked as she had thought of something more colorful.

"Gardenia flowers only are white."

"Oh..." She replied feeling a bit disappointed.

"They might not be really colorful, but their white color represents their purity."

"Their purity?"

"Yes," the man nodded. "Gardenia flowers probably are one of the purest flowers. All that they symbolize is very pure as well."

"What do they symbolize?" Seulgi curiously asked.

"There are different meanings. Do you want to know about all of the meanings these flowers have?"

"Yes please!" She replied eagerly.

"First of all, these flowers are a symbol of trust. They can be given to someone whom you care for very deeply, someone who has all of your trust. The white color of their gentle petals can symbolize clarity. I think the other meaning it has suits what you're looking for perfectly. These flowers represent renewal, the start of something new. They probably are the best flowers you could give to someone who has a new beginning, who starts afresh, who starts something new that'll impact their future." Seulgi smiled at the words she had just heard. "They also represent dreams, and hope. These flowers symbolize believing in a new day and leaving the entire negative in the past."