Chapter 14 - My angel;

December 2014

Seulgi and Taeyong barely talked since Taeyong's sudden outburst. He had been avoiding Seulgi as much as he could, and only greeted her. There was no word strong enough to express how guilty Seulgi felt. She did try talking to him, and always ended up being the first one greeting him whenever they met. She didn't dare texting him, calling him, or didn't even dare having a conversation about what happened with him. 

She always made sure to smile to him, or wave a bit to him whenever she saw him, and wherever they were. He usually replied by waving back, or nodding to her smiles. Now that she had debuted, she couldn't see him at practice anymore. She only sometimes met him at the agency. She felt lonely.

She felt lonely without him.

She often tried to convince herself there was no reason feeling like this since she had her members with her all the time. Everyone she met at the company always held nice and long conversations with her. Her dad was calling her every day to check on her, her mom texted her a few times a day, while her brother always made sure to send her a text every day to make sure she was still alive and well.

But he didn't talk to her. He greeted her only respectfully, and would sometimes ignore her. She once caught him turning his head to the opposite direction just when he noticed her coming closer. That day, Seulgi felt like crying. She never thought her kind junior ever would make her feel like this. She felt lonely, and sad. 

No one but her members and his had a clue about them not really talking anymore, so some of her seniors sometimes would still tease her about him. One of her dearest seniors, SHINee's Jonghyun, even teased her about him on radio. That day, Red Velvet were invited to the radio show Jonghyun was hosting called "Jonghyun's Blue Night." It was when they were still in the midst of their promotions for "Be Natural." He asked them who was the person rapping in their song, and they replied it was Taeyong. Seulgi's members didn't explain who Taeyong was on purpose, just so Seulgi would, as they expected her to do. And they weren't wrong. Seeing her members didn't explain who he was, Seulgi right away explained he was a part of the SMROOKIES' project. She added a few compliments by saying he helped them a lot with the song, and that he was rapping really well. Jonghyun then took the opportunity to tease her by asking if she felt embarrased talking about him because he himself noticed her shyness about talking about him. His question didn't fail to embarrass her even more, which made her start to giggle uncontrollably while trying to deny it, and Jonghyun teased her even more as it went. She thought that if someone would have seen her at that moment, it would have been really bad for her. She knew it because she felt her cheeks reddening as soon as she talked about him. And it was useless to say she became as red as a tomato when Jonghyun started teasing her.

She didn't only compliment Taeyong, meaning every word she said, for people to look forward to his debuts more intently, but she also did it hoping Taeyong would hear it. She wanted to hope that if Taeyong heard what she said, he would talk to her again. Or she hoped he would at least text her about it. But she was wrong. He never did. Which disappointed her greatly.

She sometimes would stare at his contact information on the screen of her phone, hesitating to call him. And in the end, no matter the fact she did this every day, she never dared to call him.

Her heart was aching. She thought it was because he became a real emotional support to her ever since they met, and that now he wasn't acting like one anymore, she felt lonely and sad. She never thought there was any other reason until she realized she was missing him. She was missing him a lot. She would think about him a lot during the day. She sometimes even got lost in her thoughts of him and zoned out when she was working. Joohyun would sometimes scold her and tell her to focus. She never was mean, and Seulgi knew Joohyun didn't intend to scold her for the sake of it. She knew it wasn't just because she was their leader and did her leader job. She knew Joohyun also did it because she was worried about her even though she never mentioned it. Seulgi knew that Joohyun was only waiting for Seulgi to talk to her about it if she needed to, but she wasn't going to force her to talk about it with her.