Chapter 5 - Cold night;

October 2012

It was a cold night of October when Taeyong was hurriedly walking back to SM Entertainment. It was 21:30 and it was dark outside. Despite the wind hitting every Seoul citizen violently, Taeyong didn't feel really cold. Taeyong didn't know why, but ever since he was a child, he never really felt the cold like everyone else did. His body always was warm. His sister would always tease him saying his warm body could warm her up better and quicker than a hot shower. When he was younger, and before his sister got herself a boyfriend, they would wrap themselves up in the same blanket on the couch, and would watch movies while drinking hot drinks until late in the night. 

"Your girlfriend will be the luckiest. She won't ever need to turn the heater on, she will only have to snuggle against you to warm herself up quickly." That is what his sister always told him. 

Because of all this warmth in his body, he never really dressed warmly enough during the cold days. His mom always scolded him whenever he came back home from school without wearing any scarf or when his coat was unbuttoned. "Mom, I won't get sick." That is what he always told her, and it was true. Taeyong was only rarely sick. 

He was walking back home when he realized he forgot his phone at the agency, that's why he was now walking back there, hoping he would be able to find it.

"Did I leave it in the practice room? Or did I leave it in the changing room?" He mumbled to himself quietly while rushing back to the company.

When passing by in front of a cafe, he heard a familiar laugh that made him stop in his tracks. He turned his head to where the familiar laugh came from, and caught sight of a familiar figure talking to what looked like a manly figure, outside the cafe on the other side of the road. Feeling curious of who the young woman was talking to so happily, he attempted walking closer to them. He didn't cross the road knowing he would be noticed if he did, but it was hard for him to recognize who she was talking to.

"Is he a trainee? No... He doesn't look like someone I know." Taeyong tried to identify the young man talking with his senior. "His voice sounds familiar though..." He tried listening to what they were saying but the cars driving on the road made it difficult for him to hear.

He sighed and thought of giving up and just go back to the agency to get his phone back already, when he caught sight of a dark figure staying away, but close enough to the two happily talking people. Taeyong wasn't sure whether it was a girl, or a boy. The person was wearing a black long coat, a black cap, as well as a black mask. 

He had a weird feeling about this person. He saw the unknown figure hanging up the phone and walking closer to the two people trying to hide behind anything that was in-between them.

"Is it a stalker?" Taeyong wondered. Feeling worried for his senior, he decided to stay a bit longer to make sure nothing would happen to her.

"You should head back home Kang Seulgi. It's getting late." He heard the guy telling her. Taeyong was sure he knew who he was, he just couldn't remember who this voice belung to. The guy was wearing a mask, and Taeyong's eyesight was too bad for him to even see his eyes well. 

"Why is he touching her head in the middle of the streets..." Taeyong mumbled to himself while staring at the boy ruffling his friendly senior's hair.

"It was nice seeing you again Baekhyun oppa! I don't get to see any of you much at all since you debuted. Thank you for the hot chocolate!" He heard her saying to the older boy.