Chapter 8 -The Beginning;

December 2013

It has been over a year since Taeyong joined SM Entertainment, and in a few minutes, he would be introduced to the world along with Seulgi, and another younger trainee named Jeno. Jeno was much younger than the two, he was 13, while Taeyong turned 18 and Seulgi was 19.

Taeyong improved more than anyone could ever improve in a year, and the agency decided he was ready to be introduced to the world. SM Entertainment decided to launch a new project of a pre-debut team called "SMROOKIES". The team would include their best trainees, but also the trainees they thought were ready to be introduced. In a little bit more than a year, Taeyong became SM Entertainment's best trainee alongside with Seulgi. He was the best male trainee, whilst she was the best female trainee. SM Entertainment decided to introduce them before anyone else, and together, because they thought of them as their aces. Taeyong became a strong rapper, with strong visuals and breathtaking dancing skills. Seulgi became so good at singing that she even earned the nickname of "the next Taeyeon." Both of them were great, but their agency knew Seulgi was finally ready to debut. She even started getting positive feedback after her friends Soojung and Jinri mentioned her on a show called Radio Star. Even their senior Super Junior's Kyuhyun praised her.

The rumors of her being Baekhyun's ex-girlfriend intensified, and she earned a big handful of haters out of it. Some even spread the rumors she dated Kyuhyun. Seulgi of course grew tired of all the rumors involving her with men. She never even had a boyfriend before, but people were calling her names claiming she dated two men. 

Despite these rumors, Seulgi held her head high and learned how to ignore whatever people said about her. She didn't want to mind these rumors. Her friends told her there will always be malicious rumors spreading around even after her debuts, so it was better if she got used to it already. She did. She was now used to it. It did sometimes still hurts her seeing the negative comments about her on the internet, but she was just thankful her agency didn't kick her out. The rumors somehow didn't affect Baekhyun at all, and only affected her. That was in fact probably why she wasn't kicked out.

After the day Seulgi cried in Taeyong's arms, they grew much closer to each other. New trainees joined, but their bond kept growing stronger. Seulgi could understand whatever Taeyong was thinking by just looking at his eyes, and so could he. Seulgi could never treat Taeyong as she promised, and whenever they went out together, other trainees would come along. Taeyong was still as awkward with girls as the first day Seulgi met him, and she liked thinking she was the only woman he could talk to comfortably. She felt special.

He was special to her as well after all.

They always were there for each other, and if it wasn't for his admiration for her, she might would have given up already. She decided she would always be there for him so he would never give up either. 

Despite them being comfortable with each other, and much closer than in the past, some things changed. Taeyong now found it even more difficult to hold eye contact with her. His cheeks instantly burned whenever he tried. Taeyong wasn't sure why it kept happening, but he thought it was probably because of his admiration for her. "I just admire her that much." That's what he always told himself. However, if there was one thing he was sure of, was that she was the reason why he worked so hard to improve. She was the reason why he went to practice every single day. He would never say otherwise. She just had no idea about it.

Now there they were. Sitting down side to side in front of a laptop that was on a small white wooden table. They were waiting for their company to finally post about them and introduce them to the world. They felt both excited and nervous, but the happiness of being introduced together was stronger than any other emotion they could feel.