Chapter 7 - Falling petal;

21h30

Practice was over for about 45 long minutes already when Taeyong found himself waiting for Seulgi outside of the SM Entertainment building. It was cold, and he started to feel it. He hurried up to change his clothes and exit the tall building just so Seulgi would not have to go back home alone. Nobody asked him to do it, he just felt like now wasn't a time to leave her alone. A couple of fans still were waiting outside in line, and he was afraid some of them would harass her when she would go out. He couldn't let that happen. It can't happen. And it won't.

He was waiting outside for long minutes already, yet Seulgi still didn't come out.

Did she leave already? He wondered while keeping his eyes focused on the door. No way, she couldn't have been faster than me. He reasoned. Is she scared to come out?

He didn't want to imagine his courageous senior to be scared of anything, but the possibility of it still crossed his mind anyway. Should I look for her inside?

What if she doesn't want to see me?

He stopped in his tracks at the thought of it and sighed. She wouldn't want to see you, Lee Taeyong. Get a grip of yourself. You're nothing to her.

He turned back and stopped in front of the stairs when he saw the fans again.

Whatever you are to her, you shouldn't let anything happen to her Lee Taeyong. You're a man. He mentally slapped himself and gathered his courage up as he hurriedly walked back inside of the agency. He fastened his pace to the elevator and boarded it as soon as its doors opened.

Where should I look for her first? He wondered where a girl caught in such rumors would go to, and had no idea of where a girl goes to when she's sad or troubled at all.

You should have talked to girls more often. Now look at you. You don't even have an idea of her whereabouts. He mentally scolded himself.

He thought that if she was in a practice room, he would be lucky. But if she was in the changing room that's allowed for girls only, or the restroom, it would be a pain.

As the elevator's doors opened, he quickly walked to their usual practice room. He opened the door to find an empty room.

I guess I'll have to look for her in every practice room. He sighed as he closed the door and walked to another one. He opened the door of her usual practice room, and a few others, but she was nowhere to be found.

He hopelessly walked to the practice room where he, Youngho and a few other trainees usually practice in and took of his phone out. While being focused on his phone's screen, debating with himself about whether he should text her or not, he opened the door without really paying attention to the dark wide room. The walls were black, so the room was even darker when the lights were off, and he actually didn't like it much.

When he was about to close the door, he hear an almost inaudible sob that made him freeze on the spot.

Is she crying? What am I supposed to do?

He slowly turned his body to face the dark practice room again.

Just go in already Lee Taeyong.

He walked inside the practice room feeling determined and turned the lights on.

He scanned the room with his eyes, until they stopped on a small sitting down figure on the floor, in the corner of the big room.

There she was.

She was hugging her knees and hiding her face in them.

He closed the door and walked closer to her in silence. Startled by his presence, she looked up at him finally noticing his presence.