Chapter 11 - Dare;

August 2014

Seulgi, Taeyong, Joohyun and Youngho were sitting on the floor of the SMROOKIES' practice room. A few hours later, the two young women would officially make their debuts as Red Velvet members, with the release of their music video for their debut song "Happiness". The two young men decided they should meet in order to celebrate their long much awaited debuts.

The tip of Seulgi's hair were orange, while Joohyun's were pink. Taeyong thought Seulgi's orange hair tips looked amazing on her. This is so like her, he thought. Taeyong was well-aware of the fact orange was her favorite color, and he thought she looked even more glowing like this.

"Cheers to your debuts!" Youngho exclaimed with his drink up.

"Should we cheer with coke?" Joohyun asked.

"Now now. It doesn't really matter does it?"

"Shouldn't we drink champagne instead?"

"Lord, why are you so fancy? Aren't you contented with coke?"

"Don't we deserve champagne for our debuts?"

As the two kept arguing, Seulgi and Taeyong kept side-eyeing each other while giggling at their behavior. 

"If you two won't stop, I'll only cheer with Taeyong." Seulgi said trying to sound serious.

Joohyun and Youngho rolled their eyes at her remark, and tried hard not to tease her about it.

"Fine." Joohyun sighed and took her plastic cup full of coke. "Cheers then!"

The four clinked their cups and drank a bit from their coke.

"Should I get the snacks?" Youngho asked with an excited smile.

"No, you shouldn't." Joohyun replied.

"Did you decide to annoy me today?" Youngho rolled his eyes in exasperation.

He took the Pringles and other salty snacks out of his backpack and placed them in front of him.

"We're on a diet. Right, Seulgi?" Joohyun asked for support to Seulgi whose eyes were glued on the Pringles. She was salivating already at the sight of it. "Seulgi?" Joohyun coughed in order to get the younger girl's attention.

Taeyong noticing Seulgi was deeply daydreaming while staring at the Pringles, elbowed her gently. "H-Huh?" Seulgi snapped out of her thoughts.

"I said we're on a diet."

"Oh... Right..." Seulgi pouted a bit at the realization.

Taeyong smirked at her cute reaction. "Can't you even eat one?"

"Right, can't I even eat one? Only one?" Seulgi asked her leader with pleading eyes.

"What? No! No, you can't. We both can't."

"But... Why?" Seulgi felt disappointed and sighed.

"Because if you eat one, you will eat two. And if you eat two, you will eat all of them."

"It's not true! I can control!" Seulgi snapped back.