Empty Past

Several days had passed since Thomas and I had kissed the night I remember everything. We were basically dating at this point. We slept in the same bed, we kissed every morning, and we actually started to go to the beach together very often. It was almost like we had a normal relationship and life. I had fallen in love with Thomas too. I actually didn't want to leave him anymore. I made a new plan for Walker. And the plan was happening tonight.

It was probably around midnight when I woke up. The moon was full and it shined brightly on my bed. Thomas had his arm around me and we were laying really close together. I slowly shifted in bed and started to move Thomas's arm. He started to move a bit but stayed asleep. I finally got his arm off of me. I rolled closer to the end of the bed and started to get up. The bed creek as I stood up. Thomas was still snoring loudly and I open my closet door. I grabbed the two keys from laying on the shelf. I sneaked down the hallway to the last door there. I quickly unlocked it with the key labeled Walker's Room. I knocked on the door lightly and slowly pushed it open. The room smelled strange and it was completely dark in there. A figure peered around the room. "(Name)? I-Is that you?" Walker whispered. I nodded and smiled at him. He walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. Walker looked around paranoid and then grabbed my wrist. He pulled me into the kitchen and turned on the light. "What are you doing?" He looked tense. "I'm getting you out of here! I'm going to stay with Thomas but you need to get out of here," I held out the keys. He picked them up and stared at them with wonder. "H-How? How is this possible?" he stared at the keys. I smiled at him and gave him a small hug. "I can't have this..." he shook his head and handed back the keys. My eyebrows furrowed and I frowned. "What? Why?" I asked. Walker took a deep breath and looked down at his feet. "Because I'm in love with Thomas...

I used to be really lonely at school. I didn't have any friends. The only person I knew was Ava. We had only been dating for a week. And I hated it. I thought Ava was a nice person but I wasn't in love with her. I just didn't know how to say no when she asked me out. My life at home wasn't any better. My parents took in a lot of foster kids. Which meant they never had time for me. Ever. I even had to learn how to cook just so I could eat. I know my parents care about me but they just never have time for me. I was very depressed until the day a new kid came to school. I was trying to sleep in class since I didn't get any the night before. But then the teacher got up and started talking, 'We have a new student today! His name is Thomas Price,' I glanced up and saw him. I felt my heart skip a beat the moment I looked at him. I had a crush on him almost instantly. Thomas looked like the stereotypical bad boy when he first came to school. He wore leather jackets and mostly all black. He always had his headphones in even during class. He was so different from him. Which I guess it what I was attracted to. After the teacher introduced Thomas, he took a seat up at the front of the class. I ended up staring at him for most of the class. I had never felt this way for someone. Especially not from the moment I saw someone. But one time, while I was gazing at Thomas, he glanced over his shoulder. He saw me looking at him. My face turned red and I quickly pulled my hoodie over my head. After that, I was too embarrassed to look at him again. The rest of the school day went as usual. Ava tried to kiss me at lunch again and all of her friends were annoyingly loud. But this time, Thomas was there. I found myself looking at him again. I was doing it unconsciously. Ava even noticed me doing and then slapped my shoulder. 'Walker, look at me." She would whine every time. Eventually, I got home after the loud and horrible day at school. Luckily, my parents didn't have a foster kid at the time. So I actually got to have dinner with them for once. Later, I was watching YouTube on my phone when I got a message from an unknown number. I checked it and it was from the one and only: Thomas Price.

Thomas: Saw you looking at me at school. You got a problem?
Walker: no I'm sorry. How did you get my number?
Thomas: I have my ways. Meet me before school by the fountain tomorrow. I want to talk.