Sunshine on my Darkest Days

I woke up the next day to a rainy, terrible day. I hate rainy days, they make me feel so bad and depressed, and I've been this way since I was very little. I looked at my phone, and it was 8:30. I said to myself, "It's too early ugh!"

I sighed, and laid back down. I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep though, so I got up, put my slippers on, and walked into the front of the RV. I passed the sleeping boys, and to my surprise, I saw Hayes laying on the couch staring at his phone playing what looked to be "Sausage Run."

I walked behind him very quietly, and when I got close I said, "BOO!"

Hayes jumped, and said, "Ahh!"

I put my hand over his mouth, and laughed. I whispered, "Shh! They'll wake up."

Hayes smiled at me, and said, "I hate you."

I said, "Do not."

Hayes said, "You right."

I shook my head and said, "So, whatcha playin'?"

Hayes said, "Sausage run. Its annoying because I'll get so far and then die."

"You're such a nerd." I looked behind me and Nash was just waking up and coming in the living room area with us.

Hayes said, "Shut up."

Nash shook his head. I said, "I don't think you're a nerd. Can I watch you play?"

Hayes smiled softly at me and said, "Of course."

After that day, Hayes and I became almost in separable. We watched each other play games, we played games with each other, and there was point where we stopped at a beach in San Diego on our way back and Hayes and I held hands and walked the beach. On days where my brothers and I weren't getting along, or I was just in bad mood, or it was raining, he made me feel so much better. We'd play board games, charades, and app heads up. I soon began to think of him as more than just my friend, or my brothers' friend. He was cute, sweet, and made my days better. He was literally my sunshine on my darkest days. It wasn't until we got back from the trip and started hanging out more that my brothers began really having a problem. People had started shipping us on Instagram, "Hashlynn" and "Ashyes." Personally I liked Hashlynn. It was cute, but not to my brothers.