Birthday Twin {Laurstina}

A/N - this is such a crap chapter omg I'm so sorry xx

18 years ago:

Christina's POV - 9 years old:

It was my 9th birthday today and I was so excited! But, I've been sitting in this boring hospital room for more than an hour! It's so boring and there's nothing to do. Lisa and Amy are playing some kids game while Alex and Mike are talking to each other about something. Katherine sits next to me, watching the world go by as we sit in the waiting room on the ugly blue chairs. I mean, why blue? Why not pink?

"Christina?" Katherine asks me, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Mhm," I nod and look at her.

"What do you think the new babies name will be?" Katherine asked me with excitement. I hadn't really thought of that. I know that my mom was so excited that the new baby was going to be born in my birthday but I wasn't too excited.

"I don't know," I reply, shrugging my shoulders.

"I hope it's Katherine! Like a mini-me," Katherine tells me, giggling.

"But, she is born on my birthday. So it should be Christina," I tell her sassily.

Katherine just shrugs and then continues to stare at something while I sit there and wonder why this is taking so long.

"Christina, come see your birthday twin!" A voice startles me as it calls out from the hallway. My dad stands there, smiling crazily at me as I jump out of my seat and run over to him.

I follow my dad into the room that my mom and the new baby sits in. My dad goes out to call the others in who soon come running in, excitedly.

"Do you want to hold her?" My mom asks, tears in her eyes as she looks at me while I stand next to her hospital bed. She holds the baby in her arms, wrapped in a pink blanket while she sleeps.

"What if I drop her?" I ask, unsure.

"Don't worry you won't," My mom tells me and then hands me my new baby sister.

"Here, put your hand like this and this," My mom instructs me on where to put my hands and I hold the baby in my arms, loving every second of it.

"Happy birthday, Christina," Mom and Dad both say as they take a picture with me holding the baby.

"And to my baby sister!" I say happily while placing a kiss onto her tiny forehead. Now that I saw my little sister, I was much happier than before. My parents smile at my action and watch lovingly as the rest of my siblings watch in awe at the tiny human.

"Here," I hand my sister back to my mom who cradles her in her arms and begins to gently rock her.

"What are you going to call her?" I ask my mom as I watch the baby closely, watching her every move to see what a baby does.

"We were thinking Lauren," My dad says and I begin to glare at him with an angry look.

"But she was born on my birthday!" I tell them angrily while pouting and crossing my arms over my chest.

"We know honey," My mom laughs slightly and then says,

"That's why her middle name is Christine. See, it's similar to your name." My mom says which immediately puts a smile on my face.

"Okay!" I say happily while approving the name.

"Can I hold her again?" I ask while my mom nods and hands her over to me.

I take her in my arms and wrap her up into my chest, looking at her cute face in awe. Her hand reaches up to grab my face, she touches my nose and runs her small fingers along my face.

She notices my hair that freely hangs around my shoulders and reaches up to touch it. I was expecting her to yank it or to pull it but instead, she gently touched my hair feeling it through.

I smile at her and stare into her brown eyes. If she was born on my birthday, why didn't she have the same colour eyes as me? Oh well. I'll still love her and protect her. Even though we have different colour eyes and I'm a lot bigger than her, she will still be my twin! Always and forever.

She's so little though and she's supposed to grow up to be as big as me! How? She looks good small. I hope she stays small forever.

While I was holding Lauren, I promised to always be her birthday twin even if we don't look the same and I'm a lot bigger. I promise to always protect my twin and mini me and to always tell Katherine that she's my mini me and not hers.

"I love you Lauren Christine. I'll protect you forever and ever," I tell her sweetly as I rock her gently in my arms and rub my hand along the back of her head. I gently kiss her forehead while her big brown eyes look up at me confused. I smile big at her as her fingers curl around mine.

My heart feels like it's going to explode with happiness and I can't wait to play with my new little twin. It was at this moment, when I looked at Lauren, nearly fast asleep in my arms that i knew I wanted a family with lots of kids.

I'm so happy to have my little birthday twin with me by my side. I'm never going to let anyone hurt her ever!