Prologue

I don't know how long it has been. I've lost track ever since I shut the curtain. Through that curtain, I see into the real world. The world I'm from. The world he wants me to destroy.

I won't do it. My friends are in there. Even if they think I'm...gone, I'm still with them at heart. Whenever I close my eyes and dream, I can see myself with them. Laughing, running, partying, living. The things we used to do.

Something twists in my heart, filling it with ice. How I wish we could go back to those days...

I sit on the bed at the edge of the room. I don't move around much. Only when my eyelids have gotten too heavy for me to keep them open. Even when I do sleep, I don't sleep for too long. It hurts too much.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Dread fills my heart. Not him again.

The only exit of the room opens. He's taken a different form since the last time I've seen him. I've never seen him in his true one. The skin he wears is pearly white. His face is clear, bearing sharp cheekbones. Black frames sit on top of his dark eyes, making them slightly bigger. He blinks once, turning his head to the side, making his brown hair fall with him.

"I have given you time to think," he says in a deep voice. There's something eerie about it. It seems that this voice doesn't match the body it belongs to. "Have you changed your mind?"

Anger fills me. I keep it hidden. I have yet to see him mad and something in me wants to keep it that way.

I answer through gritted teeth. "No. As I've said before, I will not do it."

He frowns. "You know...the only way to get out of here is to do that simple task. I do not want to use drastic measures to get you to do this. You have been occupying this room for a very long time."

"There's nothing you can do to make me do it. Give up. I've been saying no for how long?"

He smirks, sending shivers down my spine. "Time works a little different here than it does in your world. And you are wrong. There is something I can use to convince you."

He snaps. Two young boys bring in a mirror. They set it down in front of me and prop it on the carpet with a wooden stand. A black cloth covers the mirror. The old me would love to see his reflection right now. How long has it been since I've seen my own?

The two boys rush out of the room. He walks behind the mirror, smiling sinisterly.

"As you have seen before, objects from your world act differently here. Like how your window can see into your world. But, sadly, you stopped looking out the window. And so much has happened since. Instead of telling you, why don't I show you?"

He pulls away the fabric, revealing a dark surface. The mirror doesn't reflect the room I'm in nor does it reflect my appearance. Suddenly, there was a white flash. I shut my eyes, the light being too bright for me.

When the light died down, I opened them to see the seven of us running. My heart hurts wanting to be with them just one more time. For just one day.

The surface rippled, changing from one scene to another. Yoongi setting fire to a motel, Namjoon drinking, Hoseok overdosing, Jimin trying to drown himself, Jungkook getting beat up, Yoongi and Jungkook fighting. Taehyung...stabbing his father? My heart was in agony. What happened to them? What made them like this?

"I bet you are curious as to how they got this way," he chuckled. "Well, there is only one person who caused this. Guess?"

I didn't answer.

"Come on! Here. I will give you three hints. His last name is Kim. His first name starts with an S. And his nickname starts with a J. Do you know who it is?"