Chapter 20

Jeon Jungkook's Point of View

~
I close my eyes as I lean my head against the broom I was holding. Even though angels can go without sleep for a long time, I was exhausted. Sleep seemed to be able to take me at any time.

"Jungkook!" I slowly look up to see Jin.

"Yeah?" I quietly answer.

"Run a round with Taehyung. I want to see if he has made any progress."

"Okay."

"And do not go easy on him. Taehyung must learn to be better."

I nod and lean the broom against the wall. I walk over to Taehyung who was stacking the last of the daggers we pulled out.

"Taehyung...let's go a round?"

Taehyung looks up at me with a grin. It quickly went away as he put down one of the blades he was holding.

He gently places his hand on my cheek. "Are you sure? You don't look too good."

I furrow my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"You're pale and you're swaying slightly," he raises his hand to my forehead. "And you have a fever. Should we take you to the healing angels?"

"No!" I say a little too quickly. I gaze down and look for my ax. "It's just a quick match. Just to see how much you've progressed."

He nods slowly. "Alright. If that's what you want."

I spot the handle of my ax in the weapons closet. I walk over there and Taehyung follows.

After gathering our weapons, we ready ourselves in the center of the room. Jin-hyung stands in one of the corners, watching us like a hawk.

"Jungkook, are you sure-"

"Just...one."

"...Two," Taehyung continues unsurely as he tightens his hands around his longsword.

I take a deep breath, adjusting my grip.

"Three!" Taehyung shouts as he swings at me.

I barely bring my ax up in time to block his attack. My vision sways as I try pushing back. Taehyung falls back and regains his balance. I shut my eyes for a second, trying to make my surroundings stay still.

I bring my ax to my right hand and try charging at him. Effortlessly, he blocks my swinging ax and pushes it back. The ax becomes to heavy for me as I drop it to my side. Taehyung swings his sword in my direction. Everything in me wants to move but all I can do is stay still as his sword carves into me.

I gasp as fireworks of black dots fill my vision. Taehyung's eyes widen as my knees become too weak to hold me up. I blink and Jin's standing over me. A loud ringing sound fills my ears preventing me from hearing what Taehyung and Jin were saying to each other. Jin's face is slightly red making it seem that he's yelling at him. Taehyung suddenly bolts out of the room. Jin stands up and gets ready to follow him but my hand shoots up, grabbing onto his hand.

He looks down at me with his brown eyes. There was a strange mix of emotions. Emotions I couldn't make out.

"Don't worry. I will be right back," I hear him faintly say as my eyes roll to the back of my head, filling my vision with darkness.

~

Ooh! This was intense. Kind of.

Thank you for 200 reads! It makes me happy to know that someone's reading my story.

Also, just to clear something up, Taehyung didn't stab him he just gave Jungkook a very deep and long cut. I couldn't explain since Jungkook hadn't looked at it.

So, why do you think Jungkook became weak all of a sudden? Was it just because he was tired or is it because of something else?

Thanks for reading! Another chapter is on the way to make up for my absence. Hope you enjoy!

Editing note: I realized I spelled "ax" as "axe." Imagine Jungkook trying to fight with a can of axe xD.