Chapter 32

Kim Taehyung's Point of View

I breathe in a deep breath of the outside air.

Feels nice.

It does. Better than that flat air in heaven.

It wasn't too bad.

Yeah, but this is way better.

Now, that's something we can agree about.

Anyways, we must find Sasin.

Why must we find her? Can't we just go be with Jungkook?

No. This is for Jungkook. See, if we help Sasin with this task, it will ensure all of our safety with her.

I nod.

Right. But where is she?

"Demons! Join me! For today is the day we finally take back our freedom!"

Well, speak of the devil.

I turn around to see Sasin yelling in a megaphone. I walk forward to the field she was standing in.

When she notices me, she widens her eyes.

"T-Taehyung! Shouldn't you be in hell with your boyfriend?"

Ha. We scare her.

I smile. "I should but I want to help. It's a very rare sight to see heaven fall."

Unsurely, she smiles back. "Don't worry. Siren provided me the rest of the ingredients I needed to complete the ritual. Just sit back and...enjoy the show."

I nod and step back as more and more demons come forward.

Well, since we have nothing to do. Why don't we find a better view?

Well, where would we go?

Hmm...how about over there?

I look up to see a very tall building. We're in a part of South Korea that was still being built. The building was covered in some clear tarps and there was equipment scattered here and there.

"Perfect," I say out loud.

I break into a sprint towards the building. I climb staircase after staircase and a few ladders. I slowly climb up the last staircase, not even close to being out of breath.

If only Jungkook was here to see this beautiful sight.

We haven't even seen anything, yet. Besides, I think watching the galaxy with Jungkook is way better.

Shut up. That's so cheesy.

Better than enjoying destruction.

You know, deep down, you love watching things getting destroyed.

...

My mind clears as I reach the top. I'm first met with the night wind. I close my eyes and stretch my arms out. It feels so cool and relaxing.

I open my eyes and I see a blue light coming from the sky. There are crowds of black shadows that block some of the light.

It seems that Sasin completed the ritual while we were climbing the building.

Climbing? You make it sound like we're King Kong or something.

Shut up. Look at the sky.

With content, I watch the sky. It begins to crack. The ground does too. Everything in heaven is finally falling apart. And finally, we will all be free.

There was a beam of white light that came from heaven. I stretch my arms out as the wind starts to pick up again. The light slowly begins to consume everything. I can hear the other part of me laugh maniacally until being consumed. I sigh, finally being free for just a second.