Chapter 2

Kim Namjoon's Point of View

~
The brisk air stung my face as I walked down the busy sidewalks of Seoul. Even with my hood pulled up, the air bit at my face and stung my eyes.

It's funny how I feel I can feel things human do when I come down here.

The sidewalk was crowded, meaning nobody gave me a second glance. The perfect place to meet someone in private. But I haven't reached the meeting place yet. I have to make sure to follow their instruction very carefully. If I mess up even a single step, I'll never have contact with them. Which means I'll never get to see Yoongi again.

I matched the pace of the humans around me, my hands stuffed into the dark hoodie I was given when I exited heaven. My gaze focused on the back of the person in front of me, never leaving the black suit. The crowd stopped at the crosswalk. I looked up, looking at the lights. One of them quickly flashed blue, giving me the sign to turn into the next alley.

I turn right and follow the sidewalk. I scanned left and right, searching for the right opening. Once I find it, I turned once again, entering the alley.

Down the alleyway, I see the back of a person wearing a grey hoodie. I walk closer to the figure until I stood about six feet away. From this distance I can sense that she was a demon. A gut feeling that angels got when they were close to the vile creatures.

"Glad they don't track angels," the person's rich voice said. It had to be a female. There's no way a guy can make their voice sound like that.

I smile, trying to seem cool. "Why track someone they trust?"

"Why track someone who's royalty?" She then shifted her weight to her hip. "Well, maybe they should start. I mean, they should at least do something after with what happened with that other prince."

Sadness flooded through me. I never got to know the details about what happened to Yoongi. And, frankly, I didn't want to know.

"How is he?" I ask.

"Fine. He's currently running an errand."

I sigh. At least he's alive. Some angels don't survive the fall. I straighten ready to get down to business.

"And the orders?" I asked.

She lifted a manicured hand with a folded piece of paper with a stamped symbol of a open eye facing me. Instantly, I knew it had to be the orders from A. A was the only name I knew him by. He was the one who promised that I could see Yoongi if I completed a job for him.

"Read it. Memorize it. Then destroy it," the demon commanded.

She threw the paper back towards me. I caught it before it hit the ground. Good thing I've got fast reflexes.

She started to walk away.

"Wait. I can't go back without an injury."

I had to come up with some story as to why I didn't complete my task. An attack from a demon seems like a pretty good excuse. I start to pull off my hoodie.

She stopped and sighed in irritation. Quickly she turned around, he face still concealed. Her French manicure turned into black claws. Everything sharpened and she began to slow. My instincts screamed at me to move but I stood still.

Her claws scraped my shoulder, ripping the cotton of my sweater. She was looking down, her face mostly covered by the grey hood except for the sinister smirk she wore. Blonde curls spilled from the sides.

"Read the note and bleed out for a bit. Rub some dirt and mud on you too. Make it seem like a good fight."

I sucked in a breath, clutching my shoulder. Demon claws were one of the few things that injured angels. I nodded.

She straightened herself, her claws changing back to their human form. She was still looking down. I couldn't get a good look at her face.

"See you around, Kim Namjoon."

And with that, she disappeared. 

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Weakness traveled through me, forcing me to sit down. I moved my arm very slowly and opened the note. It read:

"If you are reading this, that means you have passed my test. We don't trust you completely but we will trust you enough to go through with the deal.

Packages will be sent to you. Further instructions will be sent about where they will be sent and how you will retrieve them.

The stuff inside you will give to the most powerful archangel, Jeon Jungkook. 

I will not tell you what it will do. I will only tell you that if these tasks are not completed, you will never have contact with the fallen angel, Min Yoongi.

I will look forward to good results.

-A"

I fold the note again with conflicting emotions. If I complete this, I will finally see Yoongi again. But once I do, what will be of Jungkook once this is over?

I shake my head. That's nothing to worry about right now. First I should worry about getting back to Heaven.

I groan as I pull myself up with my uninjured arm. I pick up my discarded hoodie and struggle to pull it on. Once it's warmth is back around me, I begin to walk my way back to gate of heaven.

~

Sorry for any mistakes

Thanks for reading!