Chapter 5

Kim Seokjin's Point of View

~
"How could you do this to us? I thought we were like family."

"You think I like this place? It's basically a prison where we only get breaths or fresh air every now and then. I mean, we're royalty. And he still expects us to act as prisoners."

"He is trying to prepare us."

"Prepare us to what? Take his place? Well, I don't want it. Can I leave now?"

"I cannot let you."

"Is this about me knowing how to open the gate? If that's the case, then know that I won't be coming back here. Now get out of my way."

"...Please do not make me do this."

"You're not going to touch my wings. You're too weak to hurt me."

"....I warned you, Min Yoongi."

"H-Hey! Get off of me! Wait! Please, no! Don't do it...Ah!"
~

I sit up, breathing heavily. I look around the room seeing the blank white walls, remembering where I am. I'm still in the treatment room from before.

I sigh and fall back on the hard pillow. I must've fallen asleep while waiting for Hoseok. Maybe he's not going to come back. It feels like it's been a while.

I frown looking into my lap. But what about that dream? I couldn't recall most of it. Just the end. It seemed to be an argument between Yoongi and I. And in the end, I...cut off his wings.

Was it a memory? Am I starting to get memories of this life? Or was it just a dream?

I shake my head. Now isn't the time to get confused over things I don't understand. I look down to see the boring white clothes I was forced to wear earlier. I frown at the lack of color. I should change out of these clothes.

I jump off of the small, uncomfortable bed and exit the room. I'm glad I was paying attention to where Hoseok was dragging me or else I'd be lost right now.

It took a while to find clothes once I entered my room.  The clothing I found wasn't very modern. If I had to relate it to clothing from my universe, it was very similar to Victorian clothing.

After changing, I walked around the white hallways. The walls almost seemed to glow. While I walked down, I realized that every other angel wore plain white clothes while the boys and I had clothes like these. Well, I've only seen Hoseok. Maybe I can see the other boys soon. Oh, how I wish I could see them now.

I freeze once I heard voices coming from behind the wall. I moved to the side and hid behind the wall to hear what they were saying.

"Do you think Prince Namjoon will be able to live with taint?"

Taint?

Taint is what happens to an angel when demon venom has entered their system and has reached their heart, affecting their grace and purity. Although this has happened very few times, it is known to cause aggression. It may cause other problems as well.

What the hell? How did I know that?

"I hope so. It would be sad to see another prince go."

A feeling not of my own, anger, spread through my body.

"I mean, some of them have to break under the pressure. How are we suppose to find out who will be fit to be our next king? To be god?"

"True, true."

The two voices faded as they continued to walk down the hall.

....

Yeah, maybe I should find the younger ones. It'd be really great to see them.

~

There was a problem with this chapter but I fixed it.

Sorry for any mistakes!

Thanks for reading!