Chapter 16

Kim Seokjin's Point of View

~
"Hey hyung, will you help me make Jungkook food? I'm afraid I'll start a fire."

"Make him food? Can you not just go to the chefs and get some food there?"

"Well, yeah, but he won't eat angel food. So, I wanted to try to get him to eat some human food."

"Human food? You think I can make human food?"

"I mean, you're very good at making angel food, why wouldn't you be able to make human food?"

"...Fine. I will try. If it at least gets him to eat something."

~

"Namjoon!" I sigh as he stares blankly at the blender that just made a mess everywhere.

I pick up a towel and hand it to him. "Here. Go over there and make him some tea. When I finish, you have to clean this mess up."

Namjoon silently took the towel and wipes off his face. He puts it down before turning to get a pitcher out of the cabinet.

I focus on frying meat in a pan.

I look back at Namjoon to make sure he wasn't making a mess. He puts in the tea powder and sugar. He then reached into his pocket to pull out a small bag full of green powder.

He looks up and we makes eye contact.

His eyes widen. "T-The meat is burning!"

I quickly look down at my pan. "Crap!"

I lower the stove heat and pulled the pan off of the stove, being distracted by saving the meat.

"Well, it is slightly burned. I hope Jungkook does not mind."

Namjoon shrugs. "He'll eat it. Especially if you made it."

Namjoon puts the meat on a plate and places it on a tray next to a cup and the pitcher of tea.

"Thanks for helping, hyung!"

He quickly leaves the kitchen.

I furrow my eyebrows. I am forgetting something. I shake my head. I must have forgotten to put some seasoning in the meat. It does not matter.
~

I sigh at the memory that was triggered when I saw Jungkook. I wonder the white halls, pondering. What was it that Namjoon put in his drink?

I turn down the hall and see Hoseok. I grin and start to walk towards him.

"Not now. I am not in the mood," he tells me as he walks past me.

I open my mouth, ready to yell at him for mistreating his hyung, but I freeze. The look on his face was kind of scary. I didn't want to mess with him.

"Oh. Jin-hyung!"

I turn around to see Namjoon. Something in me itches to ask him about the powder but I quickly suppress the feeling.

"Namjoon! Are you suppose to be walking around?" I ask, concern about his health.

"I got permission to go back to my room. I was going to change real quick and go find the younger ones. Do you want to join me?" His hands are folded behind his back as he wears a dimpled smiled.

I shrug. "Why not?"

I turn around and we fall in step together.

"Hoseok said you're not well either?"

I shake my head. "It is nothing. It will pass."

Namjoon smiles. "I hope so. It's not fun to be sick."

"Did Jungkook do a good job with your bandages?"

Namjoon nods. "Yeah. He's always been a quick learner."

"Yeah. It is amazing actually."

Namjoon stops at a door. "Alright. Wait here so I can change real quick."

I lean against the wall and put my hands in the front pockets of my pants. I've been getting used to acting as angel Jin. I just have to "put myself into auto-pilot." That's the only way I can put it into words. He's more formal and doesn't speak in contractions that much.

Namjoon doesn't take long before he returns. He now wears a red vest over a white shirt with medium-length sleeves that's over a black long-sleeved shirt. He also wears finger-less leather gloves over his hands. It seems a lot more casual for an angel.

"Let's go get them something to drink? I'm sure they're training."

I nod and Namjoon walks ahead. I freeze when I see plastic poking out of his back pocket. He turns around.

"Coming?"

"Um...yeah."

I'm watching you, Kim Namjoon.
~

Short chapter.

Sorry for not updating yesterday. It slipped my mind and by the time I remembered, it was already one in the morning. Blame it on YouTube.

What do you think Namjoon is doing to Jungkook?

Thank you for reading!