Chapter 4

Jung Hoseok's Point of View

~
I hold Jin's water in my hand tightly as I turn right instead of left. I don't want to be in the same room as Jin right now. I need just a little time to process what's wrong with him. There has to be something. Did he lose his memory or something? If he did, what would be the cause? Would it be the thing I saw this morning?

My thought disperse to the sound of concerned voices from down the hall. Curious, I walk faster. Nothing interesting happens in heaven.

"If we don't hurry, the scratch can be infected and taint you," a worried voice informed someone.

"I am fine. W-Where is my hyung?" A familiar voice answered. Namjoon?

I turned the corner and gasped, dropping the cup. The water makes a small puddle on the white tile, almost touching my dress shoes.

Namjoon leans on the wall, clutching his arm. He still had on his human clothes; the black sweater and dark jeans covered in mud and dirt. On his hand was a mixture of gold, red and black. I recognize them to be human blood, angel blood, and demon venom. He walks forward, leaning on the wall for support. He falls forward but I quickly move forward and catch him before he hits the ground.

He looks up at me. "H-Hyung?"

"What happened?" I questioned, helping him to his feet and wrapping his uninjured arm around my shoulder.

"It does not matter. W-Where...where is Jin-hyung?" Namjoon asks, his eyelids fluttering.

"We need to get you treated," I turn to the angel that was talking to Namjoon before. "Can you lead me to an open room?"

She nods, her blue eyes sparkling. She walked forward, her curly red hair bouncing with every step she makes.

"Alright. Let's go Namjoon," I began to lead Namjoon forward.

"N-No! I need to...I need to warn him."

"Warn him? Warn hyung?"

"Y-Yes."

"About what?"

"About the...about the demons."

"The demons? What about them?"

"How they're going to start...going to start a war."

I look down at him. "A war?"

Namjoon nods.

He must be delusional from the scratch. There's no way the demons would want to start a war with us.

I shake my head. "Let's just get you patched up."

~

"Today must be my lucky day. I keep seeing the princes in my rooms."

I give him a wry smile. "Will he be okay?"

"Yes. He was lucky. The scratch the demon made wasn't that deep meaning very little venom entered his bloodstream."

"Was he tainted at all?"