Chapter 26

Park Jimin's Point of View 

I rub my hands nervously as I pace outside of the Reaper's Cauldron. Yoongi told me to come here if I wanted to see him. Of course, I came here as fast as I could. Well, after my talk with Namjoon, making sure Jungkook was okay and...delivering Taehyung to Seokjin.

Guilt makes my heart heavy. I had to do it. It's my duty as one of the seven archangels. And if I didn't do it, who knows what would've happened to me.

Namjoon is the one who set up my meeting with Yoongi. I'm not sure how he has direct contact with Yoongi but I'm happy I get to see him in person. I'm so glad I opened up to him. I don't know why but I told him everything. From the relationship between Yoongi and I (which he didn't seem too surprised about) to more recent things like me learning information about the gate. In fact, I used that gift to get me here quicker. It's hard to explain how to do it. You just do it. It's one of those things that you use instinctively.

"Park Jimin?"

I turn around and am met with a familiar face. 

"Hey, you're the bartender."

He gives me a small smile. 

"Yeah. I'm here to take you to your boyfriend."

I bite my lip. "You know where he is?"

"Yep! Y'know, it's too bad that you're taken. I would've liked it if I was able to have you."

I feel my face warm up as I give him an awkward smile.

He chuckles. "Sorry. I've been told that I can be too honest at times. Here, put this on."

He tosses me something which I'm barely able to catch. I spread it out in my hands to see that it's a sack. I give him a suspecting look.

He raises his hands in surrender. "Don't worry. I'm not going to do anything weird. Your boyfriend is scary. He would probably kill me and murder my ghost if I even thought about doing anything to you."

I let out a small laugh and beam. "Yeah, that sounds like him."

I start to put it over my head before I realize something.

"Y'know, I never learned your name."

He smirks. "Why do you want to know?"

"Maybe it will make me trust you more?"

He nods with a "true" face.

"Siren. That's my name. Trust me now?"

"More than I did a few seconds ago."

He smiles and I put it over my head

~

It was a long journey to get to the couch I sit on. Siren drove the car for a little while. When we got off, we walked a little bit before I felt the feeling of being suspended. We teleported but I couldn't tell if it was to another part of the earth or to another realm. We walked a little more until he removed the sack where I was greeted with this room.

The room's theme color was a cool blue. It would probably be strange if it was a warmer blue. The walls are covered with wallpaper in a fancy pattern. There's one long teal couch in the middle next to a tall brown lamp. Behind the lamp is a large plant terrarium that lines the wall. It's filled with many plants I've never seen on earth.

I'm a romantic angel. It's rare but that's who I am. I spent days imagining what would happen if we saw each other again. They all were different. I can never tell exactly what will happen since it depends on how Yoongi was feeling. He isn't open very often. Would we hug? Kiss? Just stare at each other?

I wanted to kiss and hug but the expression on his face when he enters the room makes me freeze. His eyes are a bit darker than normal, filled with almost no emotion as he looks down at me. He takes fluid, robotic steps towards the terrarium behind me.

"Park Jimin...Jimin. I missed you," he finally says as he stares at the plants. His voice is flat, filled with practically nothing.

"I've missed you too...Yoongi," I answer him awkwardly.

"Don't you hate it how everything seems to be trying to keep us apart?"

"What?"

"We've been in love since we were young. We just didn't know what that feeling was. Then Namjoon noticed and told me to not act on those feelings I didn't know I had. After that, all I could think about what we could have. But being together was wrong to them. They would've cast us down together. I didn't want to make you suffer. That's why I avoided you so much."

I stay silent as he continues.

"And then I stopped caring. I just wanted to be free. I just wanted to be with you. And they didn't even let me do that! I have been separated from you again! Why does everything want to keep us apart?"

I open my mouth but close it once again.

"Do you not love me?"

I turn around to face him. "Of course I love you! Why would you think that?"

He places his hands on my shoulders and makes me face away from him.

"See, you know that girl you met with before? Sasin?"

I shudder at the memory. "Yeah. I do."

"She's going to help us be together. But you have to make a trade."

"Another trade?" I ask, confused. "I don't think I have anything else she wants."

"You do. See, a little bird told her that you know something. Something important."

My eyes widen. "How to control the gate?"

"Yes! She said that if you tell her, she can make sure that nothing will take us apart. Ever."

"You're saying...if I tell you...we can stay together? Forever?"

"Yes. It's a simple trade. Give her the information and we can finally be together. And nothing will ever be able to separate us again. You can be mine and no one can take you from me."

"I'll..." A sense of deja vu washes over me. Every part of me just wants to be with Yoongi. But my gut tells me something different. I begin to shake my head.

"No. I won't do it." I announce, standing up.

I turn around to see him still looking down at where I was before.

He smirks. "Great. Just follow me and you'll be mine."

I blink and step back as he grabs imaginary shoulders and walks to a certain spot by the wall.

As soon as he reaches for a hidden button. He very slowly turns his head.

"Run," he whispers.

I quickly follow his instructions. Seeing Yoongi this way was scarring enough. I run out the door into what seems to be an endless hallway. On instinct, I turned left, looking for a way out.

I let out a long sigh as I begin to jog down the hall. Why do things like this always happen to me?