Chapter 33

Kim Seokjin's Point of View

Wake up!

My eyes snap open as I'm met with the banishment room. I quickly get up, hearing a cracking sound.

The world is being destroyed. You need to destroy it first.

"Who are you?" I question out loud.

That doesn't matter. Go to your room. There is a black box under there. You'll know what to do once you open it.

"What?"

The voice doesn't respond.

I stand up, my head aching slightly where Taehyung hit me.

Where is he now, anyway?

I step out of the room, flinching when I hear screams and the sounds of blades colliding.

Alright. The plan is to do what the voice tells me to do.

I follow my legs as they lead me to my room. On my way there, I learn that the demons found a way to heaven and this is their rebellion.

So then, why is the world falling apart?

Once I see the door to my room, I run faster. Suddenly, I'm knocked over. My breath is knocked out me as someone presses a blade against my throat.

"Wait a minute. You're Prince Seokjin. Man, I know tons of demons who want a hit at you."

I gulp as I look around for a weapon.

"Luckily, I get the first cut at you," the demon sneers. It looks like a human with tons of scars over his body. "You did kill my sister, y'know."

The demon swings up. I close my eyes as my hand finally grabs something. I swing and whatever it was hits it. I open my eyes to see a wooden stick in my hands and that I'd only knocked the demon off of me.

Quickly, I scramble to my feet and run to my room, locking the door behind me.

The demon starts to bang on the door. "You're cornered, Seokjin. There's no escaping me."

In a hurry, I fall to my knees. My hands find the black box.

The demon begins to ram itself into the door.

I pull it open, my eyes widening to see six feathers in there. Just like the petals I'd seen before, they each have different symbols.

The demon sighs. "Hey, help me. One of the princes is in here.

I quickly pull out all of the feathers, placing them on the floor. I then search the box, looking for the yellow lighter.

"Ready?"

I turn the box upside down. There's nothing else inside.

"Three..."

I throw the box across the room and search the room.

"Two..."

I spot the lighter on the desk and run over to grab it.

"One..."

I fall back over the feathers. It takes several flicks before I can get the lighter on.

"Go!"

My eyes widen as the door falls off its hinges. The demons stumble a bit before making eye contact with me. In a flash, I light the feathers on fire. In a blink of an eye, the feathers are gone. For a few seconds, nothing happens.

"Seems that whatever magic you just tried using didn-"

A white light erupts from where the feathers once were. I covered my eyes as I feel myself being pulled somewhere else.