Chapter 13- Spectacular Surprises

Alex's P.O.V

As George tells me how bad of a shape Fred is in, I push myself out of his arms and run to him. When I get to Fred he is on the floor clutching the side of his stomach and Ronald is towering over him.

"You're weak and you know that don't you," Ronald says pointing a finger at him. I walk over to Ronald and tap him on the shoulder. "What?" he yells turning around.

I look at him in disgust and punch him in the face. He grabs his nose and falls to the ground. I help Fred who's struggling to get up off the floor. I kneel down next to him and place my hand on his face. "Don't try to move," I say, staring into his chocolate brown eyes.

He looks at me and smiles.  I feel myself becoming weak at the knees. I keep looking into his eyes but I look away as I start to crumble in front of him. He places one of his soft fingers on my chin and turns my face to face his. Bringing my face towards his, he tilts his head and brushes his lips against mine.

"Are you two finished?" Ronald complains rudely. I roll my eyes and pulling away from Fred I slowly turn to face him.

"No," I say turning back to Fred, placing my lips on his. For a moment I feel like I am somewhere else but I hear Ronald's groans in the background pull me back to earth. I hear him stomping off and I let go of Fred helping him up to his feet. Standing up, I pull Fred's arm around my neck and put my other arm around his waist.

"Thanks, Al," he smiles at me.

We start to walk towards the house when George comes rushing outside. "I'll look after Fred and you can take care of Ronald," I tell George.

"I bet you will," George said winking at me. I feel my cheeks go red and I know that Fred's are red too. We reach the doorway and I hear George yelling in the garden, "You selfish prick! You have to go and ruin a perfect night, don't you?" Fred looks at me and I can't help but laugh at what George had said.

We hobble inside the house together, Ginny sees me carrying Fred and rushes over placing his other arm around her neck and her hand around his waist. Reaching the couch, Fred limps towards the cushion and sinks into the couch. "I'll get the first-aid box for you Alex," Ginny rushes off with a huge grin on her face.

I grin, she's probably already coming up with a new ship-name, placing myself next to Fred I grab a pillow next to me, gently I place it behind his neck. "I've got the first-aid kit and an ice pack just in case," Ginny said passing it to me.

"Thanks Gin," I place the ice pack on Fred's right cheek. I open the first aid box and hear George and Ron come inside. I look up at Ron in disgust and then look at George, "Where can he go?" I asks.

"Anywhere but here, so this prick won't start up another fight," George says refusing to look at Ronald.

"Take him upstairs," Ginny said, "I'll deal with him there."

Ron looks at Ginny and rolls his eyes. What the hell? I roll my eyes and George drags Ronald upstairs.

I look at Fred and notice the cuts on his left cheek and on his lip. I grab the antiseptic and a cotton ball from the first aid kit and pour some antiseptic on the cotton ball. I hold my hand up close to his face and speak, "Now this will sting but I know that you're a big boy and can handle it," I say dabbing the cotton ball on his cuts.

"Owwww!!!! That hurts!" He whines.

"Don't be such a wuss!" I tell him, pouring more antiseptic on the cotton ball.

"I am not," he protests, "it just stings... a little."

He looks away and I know he is trying to be a tough man for me, but I decide to bring him down like the wuss he was. "A little?? Really? I'm not that stupid to believe that it only hurt a little bit," I say, dabbing his cuts.

"Okay fine!!" He groans. He looks at me and I know that I have finally made him show his true colours about being a wuss. "It hurts okay! You happy that you got you're way?"

I looked down at the antiseptic and put some more on a cotton ball. "Yes," I say grinning at him while placing a band-aid on his cheek.

***

We both end up laying on his bed. "I did it for you" he whispers it so softly I almost didn't hear.

"Fred," I turn on my side so his eyes could connect with mine. Ocean blue locked with his chocolate brown eyes. We are both laying on his bed relaxing. "Thank you" I hug him around his chest.

My petite figure matching him perfectly as we lay next to each other. "I never got to show you the present I made for you," he whispers to me like I am the only one in his world.

"You never got any of my birthday cake either," I pout.

He rolls over, arm reaching for the bedside table. "Remember about mum's secret stash of chocolate?" He says with a grin, I nod remembering our previous conversation.

"Well my draw here connects to her stash in the kitchen," he pulls a massive chocolate bunny out and hands it to me.

My eyes light up at the sight of chocolate and I rip the foil off instantly. Fred laughs at my childish behaviour.

"Now..." he drums his fingers on his stomach, "time for your present" Fred starts to sit up but I jump over him to help him up.

He throws his arm around my neck and I help him up. He smells of firecrackers, ink and antiseptic. He points to the smallest window in the room and I help him walk over to it. As we stand in front of the window Fred pulls out his wand "ampilo" and the window expands to accommodate the whole room.

It's hard to see much outside the window so I look up at Fred instead. Grinning at me, he cups my cheeks with his warm fingers and directs my face back to the window. It's a full moon tonight so the hills in the far distance are lit up and the reflection on the lake is spectacular. I can see the garden and I blush at remembering everything from earlier tonight. Fred raises his wand and taps the middle of the glass and it disappears. A light breeze blows through into the room making my hair fly gently behind me. In the distance, I see gold sparks "Fred, what's going on?" I ask him cautiously.

The gold in the distance begins to shoot up in the sky, blasting into gold shimmering glitter as it falls back down. I realise that Fed has made me a fireworks display for my birthday. They are gorgeous! " Fred, I love it," I say, hypnotised by the gold fireworks. I sneak a peek at Fred and catch him staring at me with the fireworks reflected in his eyes.

I look back at the fireworks in amazement. Red ones start shooting off in the background and the gold glittery fireworks stop. The scene is so amazing that I didn't expect the gold ones to spell out 'Happy Birthday Hermione!' My cheeks start to ache from smiling so much and the fireworks start to die out before a loud massive firework, red with a yellow centre, explode and something starts flying towards us with a gold trail of glitter following it.

I grip on to Fred unsure if it's a rouge firework or not. He chuckles and wraps his arms around me. The firework stops at the window hovering just out of my reach. Letting the gold sparks gently hit the floor beneath us, Fred's hand leaves my waist and reaches out grabbing the firework. Confused, I watch closely as Fred pulls his hand out of the firework holding something and the firework shoots into the sky letting off a massive bang. Gold and red sparks shower the night sky like little stars before slowly making their descendant down. Once the firework disappears with the stars, I look back to Fred to see him smiling, holding a piece of parchment tied with a cute red bow in one hand.