Chapter 24- Date Time

I'm so sorry it has taken so long to update. I hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas and has had a good start to this new year. Love, MadamNalu xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fred's P.O.V

"So Freddy, where are we off to?" Al sings skipping through the Manor's gates. I let a chuckle erupt from my chest at her cuteness. Al suddenly stops in her path and turns around facing me with her hands to her side and a raised eyebrow. I keep walking and grab her hand as I walk past her. "Freddy," Al giggles sending butterflies to my stomach. She sounds like an angel. "So where are we going?" Al asks resting her head against my arm.

I entwine our fingers together, her fingers feel the opposite of mine; petite, soft and fragile. "I overheard some customers talking about where we are heading too," I say giddily.

"And where is that exactly?"

"Come on Al," I whine, "it's a surprise."

"But-"

"Look," I point to the old bakery house, "we are almost at the portkey." I lead the way across the busy street with Al just behind me.

"Fred check it out," Al says and I turn around to look at her once we cross the street. Al's pointing at an old two-story building up for sale. The buildings definitely heritage, old striped blinds shield the shop's windows that hold the for sale sign. "You could open a miniature version of your store here! Wouldn't it be perfect?" Al gushes.

The store certainly does have what we are looking for. We haven't thought about expanding yet though.

"Great idea Al! But I'll have to look into it with George."

"Of course silly, I know that. Now, where are we going?" Al tries to ask again.

"The portkey isn't too far away now."

"Okay," Al hums a tune as we continue to walk down the main street. I take this time to admire Al, she's so strong and is taking her new living situation is stride, minus the recent argument. I chuckle at the thought of them acting like siblings already. Al looks up with her big doe eyes, "what's funny?"Al's asks, her voice full of warmth that settles upon my skin as if the soft touch of a child.

"You know, siblings fight all the time, right?" I ask Al as she casts her eyes down.

"I know," a short sharp answer.

"Then you also know that they make-up, forgive."

"Yeah, I will. It's just everything's a bit overwhelming."

"Well then, I promise to be the one constant in your life." Al looks up with teary wide eyes and nods before pulling me into a hug. "Hey, Al," I hug her wrapping my arms around her shoulders and rest a hand tangled in her hair, "you'll be alright. I promise." Al only nods her head in my chest in response.

"So, where's this portkey?" Al asks, once again strong and composed.

"Always got your eyes on the prize," I chuckle and Al punches me lightly on the shoulder. I drop my shoulder and stagger backwards, "you wound me, dear," I exaggerate. Al rolls her eyes before grabbing my elbow pulling me back to her side. "Just look out for any posters on buildings," I tell Al. Al nods before her eyes, wander up and down the street in search of any posters.

"Look there!" Al points to an old tattered poster stuck to the wall by one last nail.

"Good spotting." We hustle across the street and stop in front of the poster. The poster reads 'A NIGHT OF FUN ONE CAN ONLY DREAM OF.' "This is it," I tell Al, "are you ready for the best first date?"