•Paradise•

April 4th • 1 p

April 4th • 1 p.m.
The Dominican Republic

We could feel the change in atmosphere the second our plane had touched down on the ground......

Grounds that were no longer covered in thick snow were now surrounded by skies that were colored in shades of light, instead of grey and rain.

And the grass was greener, with waters surrounding it that held the color of a vibrant turquoise.

A turquoise that was a unique color, as if an artist had uniquely blended it and created it on his own paint palette.

And above these waters were palm trees that loomed above and shaded the hot pavements and sandy beaches that we had walked on to get to Villa Castellamonte.

A place that was breathtakingly beautiful.

With its buildings that were painted with tropical colors and cobblestone hallways and archways...........

Cascading fountains and sparkling pools being everywhere you looked...........

And the beaches of the Dominican Republic right in front of your eyes if you looked out of your hotel room balcony.

I've always hated my dad for his high expectations and standards.

At times, I've resented him for it.

But if his high expectations would lead me to places like this, then I knew I would never experience any kind of grudge again.

And I've also rarely ever taken that extra step to go out of my little bubble, my comfort zone........

The comfort zone that was going back and forth from Japan and Russia.......

But now that I've finally taken that step, I never want to take a step back.

"Phicit, you're sleeping on the left side of the bed," I heard Millie say as I helped both of them settle into their room.

I was currently unloading Millie's millions of makeup bags while simultaneously trying to untangle almost every single one of Phicit's phone cords and chargers........

It was like they had both packed and prepared for the apocalypse, but had done it in an unsuccessful and idiotic way.

It wasn't like I was much help, though when it came to unpacking.

I was too busy watching Victor fascinate himself with the soaps in the nearby bathroom.

Apparently, he hadn't been joking when he said he wasn't much of a traveler.