Chapter 8

Recap: My gaze shifted over to Embry who was eating his cookie while staring at my shoulder. Embry seemed to be the positive so I could focus on Embry. I offered him a small shy smile before going back to eating my cookie feeling content.

Five days of college had passed by very peacefully. Embry sorta made it a habit of picking me up and driving me home claiming it was safer. Patience opened up some as well and began talking to me some more. She also told me the show I showed her was awesome.

And she was now binge watching it as she needed to know what happened. So I gave her a new vampire show to watch that her and Serene could agree on. Something they could watch for the vampire genre. It wasn't just a show with sexual scenes in it, but it had a nice amount of action. And bits of romance if you look at it that way. But everything seemed to be going to the bright side and it was really peaceful in a way. I came here to get a new start.

I was getting a new start. My past seemed to be moving behind me as I made myself some friends. They all seemed to be very nice. So far Embry seemed to be the one who did the most with me because he seemed to always be there. He drove me to school. He also sent me home with some delicious mocha cookies after I had been at the girls place. Victor still didn't seem to like me and gave me mean looks. But I took Embry's advise and just ignored it. If he didn't like me, well oh well. I wasn't here to impress him.

Embry's habit of picking me up wasn't anything I encouraged either. He just happened to show up every night to bring me to college. And always brought me back to my apartment. It was comforting in it's own way. Not having to worry about walking in the dark. . . what kind of beast with sharp teeth could be in the dark. I got to sit in a heater leather cushion car. In a peaceful environment that didn't bother me one bit. Onyx got more at ease and he always slept at the end of my bed facing the doorway.

As if to attack any intruder that dared to come into the apartment. He was also a relaxing part. Onyx made me feel safe in a way and I was glad that I'd be adopting him. Onyx was such a cutie and he would be my cutie here eventually. The professor told me he wasn't neutered and recommended doing to see if it'd help. I read up on neutering and found out it doesn't always help and can sometimes make them worse. Onyx didn't need to be de-sexed, he was fine the way he was. So far he hasn't shown extreme aggression signs.

He's very pleasant during the walks around campus. He more of keeps to himself and prefers not to be bothered. If he wants attention he comes up to you. He also likes human food. Ever since Embry gave him some mac and cheese he wanted human food so I mixed it with his dog food when he had been a good boy. If he did something bad recently then he wouldn't get it and he had learned that. So he strived to be on his best behavior now. He realized when he was on his best behavior he got the good food.

Everything just seemed to be going real peaceful. "Violet." Patience spoke awakening me from my thoughts as I held Onyx's leash in my hand. "Huh?" I asked. Patience smiled some. "I was asking if you were doing anything next weekend." Patience said. "No." I answered holding my arms to my chest. It was just Desiree, Serene and Patience. We were supposed to be meeting up with Embry, Seth, and Victor outside as they were waiting for us. Patience suggested hanging out at their place again which everyone agreed on so we'd be heading over to the girl's dorm.

"Good, we have awesome plans." Patience said. "What kind of plans?" I asked playing with Onyx's leash as I stared at Patience. "An overnighter, one of them. We're going to be doing one next month on New Years Eve." Patience spoke with a smile. "We're doing it after the New Years Eve party." Desiree spoke. "You should get through Christmas first." I responded a little softly and Patience shrugged. "They don't do Christmas parties often, but you can do this overnighter next weekend, trust me you'll love it." Patience said with a grin on her face.