Chapter 9

Recap: "Violet?" The dizziness increased as the blood dripped more and Onyx barked even louder at me before pushing me. Black spots filled my vison and I stumbled back right onto Onyx. The last thing I saw was burnt amber, grey and amber colored eyes.

I rarely ever woke up in a bed anymore when I blacked out. The last time I actually blacked out minus the wolf attack was back where I came from. And I preferred not to remember it. An overwhelming emotions and the hyperventilating that made me pass out.

Except I never woke up in a bed. I woke up on the cold floor with tears stained on my face and in the same spot as where I passed out. I never woke up in a bed, much less one that had a nice comforting feeling to it. Or having some nice blankets over me. The last time I woke up in a foreign room that smelt like bleach and chemicals. White walls and it was a hospital with an IV needle in my arm with a sore wrist. One that was bandaged and had blood on it no less and not much memories of what happened.

But this was defiantly not expected. Waking up in a comfy bed with a black fleece blanket over me. A fresh set of bandages and a numbness in my hand. There wasn't a smell of bleach or chemicals either. Just dark brown walls and a canopy bed as well with black lace falling over and I looked around. "Well your awake now." I looked over at the sound of the voice wanting to know where I was and who had brought me here. And nothing could prepare me for who was there.

Dr.Lake.

She was sitting there in a chair watching me. She offered a small smile to me. "Where, Where am I?" I asked looking around. "Your at my house, Victor brought you here after you collapsed at college. You've been out of it for hours. You had that poor boy Embry worried about you." Dr. Lake spoke with a small sad smile. "I haven't seen Embry that worried in a long time. He kept on asking when you were going to wake up. In seven minutes he'll come back around and ask about it soon." Dr. Lake said with a smile.

"Why, did they bring me here?" I asked and Dr. Lake smiled. "I'm Victor's mom sweetie. He brought you here because he didn't want to just drop you off at the hospital in case you couldn't afford the bill. Your stiches popped so you were bleeding. I just redid them for you so you shouldn't be bleeding. Embry get's a little anxious around blood so don't blame him if he does anything weird. He can't help himself." Dr. Lake said and I watched her as she stood up and went to the door. I moved myself from the fleece blankets and looked at my wrist.

Purple stitches were in. "The only thread I had was purple." Dr. Lake said. Purple was my favorite color so it didn't even bother me. It's not like anyone at the college would see it. The ones who did would be Onyx and I. Onyx was a wolf so he wouldn't care and purple was my favorite color. "But we the blood test came back negative with rabies so the wolf didn't carry it so you won't need any shots." Dr. Lake spoke before looking out the door. "Embry she's awake." Dr. Lake said.

I don't know how people move that fast. Or if Embry was nearby, but he was outside the door in mere seconds. Those burnt amber eyes stared directly into mine. "Is she fine?" Embry asked watching me and the purple stiches that held together the bite mark. "Yes." Dr. Lake said. "She isn't like high on drugs right?" Embry asked looking at Dr. Lake. "It would be illegal for me to provide her drugs from my home. Your lucky I let the stiches pass Embry. She is not high." Dr. Lake said and Embry nodded before looking at me before Dr. Lake walked out.

"Are you ok Violet?" Embry asked walking over to me and setting a chair down. "I'm not dead." I responded and Embry smiled a little. "That's good." Embry responded and his hand reached out. I felt myself flinch when he touched a lock of brown hair. A reflex that had been engraved in me almost my entire life. Embry's hand went back instantly upon realizing I was flinching. "Where's Onyx?" I asked upon realizing he wasn't in the room with me which brought the feeling of anxiety in me. I didn't know where he was. The last time I saw him was when I collapsed on him.