Chapter 21

Recap: "Now I hope you all enjoy this, I actually enjoyed making it, so don't even think about ruining it for me." Embry said looking at them all. Patience was the only one who nodded as she went to eating. And with that we all went to eating. And it took me a moment to register. I was eating with a bunch of vampires.

The melts were good. Like expected. Embry seemed to turn simple food into the best things ever. Desiree stared down Patience the entire time. Patience was unaware.

After the melts Embry made up some cake for us to eat before the rest of the vampires went off. Now that thought was engraved into my head. They were all vampires, and I was a human eating with them. And I was pretty sure those red 'iron supplement' drinks weren't just a drink. As of right now I was pretty sure those red drinks were blood. Or artificial blood in a way. But whatever it was, it substituted blood in their diet no doubt. That I was sure of, those drinks replaced blood and I knew that. I just knew it.

Serene and Seth disappeared to his room and Victor took his papers to the living room and sat down. Patience was sitting on the couch while I scraped off bits of cake from my plate. I was hunched over dragging the fork over the cake on it. Embry was leaned against the sink watching me. Onyx had gone to the couch and laid down and was now asleep making small woofs in his sleep. It was so cute. I just wanted to record it, but didn't want to go over there. So I was scraping the cake off the plate.

I continued scraping off the cake just as Embry came over and took the plate. "Hey! I wasn't done." I said. "All your doing is scraping off bits of the cake, and your not even eating it. So yes Violet you are done." Embry said taking the plate to the sink. He put it under the hot water and washed it clean while I crossed my arms. "That's not fair, I was scraping off cake." I said. Embry smiled at that. "You should do something more productive then scraping off cake." Embry said taking a seat next to me as I crossed my arms across my chest.

"I was doing something productive. . . scraping cake off the plate." I told Embry who shook his head at that. "How about go to the living room and socialize, they don't bite." Embry said. Much I thought to myself. But I didn't say that to Embry of course. For not wanting to offend him, and for that they wouldn't overhear me. "I'm fine in here." I told Embry nervously playing with my sweater. I didn't like the situation I was in. In a room full of vampires, people I didn't know all that well.

Sure I trusted Embry, and them when in college, but I didn't know how to act out of college. I don't know if I know them well enough to act normal around them. It was a constant fight in my opinion. All that anxiety that built up inside of me. Embry was very nice, and willing to be very comforting around me. And we just clicked very well. I don't know how to describe it. We just got along very well and he seemed trustworthy. I mean I do let him drive me back and forth form college. I slept in the same bed as him as well.

And never once did he try to touch me. He found me when the wolf was using me as a ragdoll and got it off of me. So I trusted Embry when around him. And didn't feel the need to have to act a certain way so I didn't embarrass him. Embry was just very carefree and all smiles, especially the seductive ones he passes off to me. "Patience is friendly you know. The most she'll ask is for you to be her little doll to practice things on." Embry said with a bit of a smirk.

"She loves using everyone as her mannequin for her college assignments. All the cosmetology things she learns, she uses it on the girls. And occasionally us guys. And she's really good at it." Embry said with a smile. I looked at Patience who had her blonde hair in her face as she sat cross-legged on the couch with a big cosmetology book in her lap. She had a bit of a smile on as she read the book. Her blue eyes scanned the pages while I shifted a bit uncomfortably before looking back at Embry for a bit of reassurance.