Chapter 20

Recap: That they were no doubt bottled blood. I watched quietly as Victor drank some before setting it down. Then his gaze shifted to me and then my leg. "I'd like to see it." Victor said and I tensed it up. "You'll be fine." Embry said and hesitantly I got up before following Victor to the bathroom.

I was quiet as I sat on the toilet of the guest bathroom with my leg propped up on Victor's lap. The last thing I expected to be doing today. I watched silently as Victor folded my leggings up.

Then he looked at the wrap around my leg before he slowly undid it. Embry stood outside in the doorframe watching Victor. Victor let the wrap fall to the ground before staring at the forty stitches. Once more they were done in a purple coloring. It was one bite mark but yanked around and sometimes the wolf readjusted the grip on my leg. Victor was quiet as he stared at the bright red mark. Victor set my leg down before getting up and taking a towel down and soaking it with water before coming back over and picking my leg up again.

I was defiantly not comfortable with being touched, much less by Victor. My leg stung as Victor pressed the wet cloth into the bite mark making me flinch just a bit. He kept on dabbing it before stopping and letting the wound dry up. Once it was all dry Victor wrapped the bandage wrap back around the wound before standing up. "You should put antibiotics on it so it doesn't get infected." Victor said before getting up and walking out. Embry came over and helped me up before we walked out where Victor was drinking the rest of his drink.

"Seth and the girls are coming over around soon, they're expecting lunch, and I know Serene and Seth are going dress shopping for the New Years party." Victor said glancing at me. "Of course they're expecting lunch." Embry said rolling his eyes. I watched Embry as he went over to the fridge and pulled out some food. "Cause' their lazy selves always want food. Because I'm in culinary school I'm always subjected to it." Embry said as he began tossing food down on the countertops. "And let me guess Desiree wants cupcakes?" Embry said.

"Yes red frosted." Victor said and Embry rolled his eyes. "Maybe one of them should join culinary school instead of me, I mean I'm always the one doing this form them like I'm their chef. I'm not their chef." Embry said. "You made breakfast for me." Victor said. "That's different. Your my best friend, I made food for you since I was fourteen, and the breakfast was actually for Violet." Embry said making me turn away with a bit of a blush. "The banana part for sure, the rest nope, you made it for me, cause' blueberries are my favorite." Victor said with a smirk.

"They're also my favorite." Embry added. "Yeah, but you made enough for me to enjoy them as well." Victor said still smirking as I watched the two of them a bit amused at their exchange. Embry rolled his eyes. "What should I make for lunch?" Embry asked. "Chicken, cheese, bacon melt on the tortilla shells." Victor said and Embry grinned at that as he went back to the fridge and pulled out a package of white boneless breast chickens and began taking them out and then some bacon as he took out two skillets for them.

I watched as he put the bacon the skillets and got a fork for them before he began making the chicken on the other skillet. I smiled as I watched Embry get to work. "What time will they be here?" Embry asked. "Around twelve." Victor said and Embry looked at the clock. 10:20 AM. "Good, these will need to be heated up in the oven and kept warm in there as well until they are here." Embry said brushing his maroon hair from his face before he came over and put the pancakes away in a container and also gave Onyx one who happily ate it.

Victor stared at Onyx who was eating the pancake. Once Victor stopped staring at Onyx he got up and walked past me. He patted Onyx's head as he went into the living room to where his backpack was. He took out a binder and a pen before coming back over and sitting down at the table and taking out a sheet of paper and going to write on it. That blood red drink that was no doubt blood was next to him. I watched him as he took a sip before putting the cap on it and going back to the paper.