Chapter 14

Recap: "Now remember four or five outfits with one pair of shoes. And you can grab socks if you want as well." Embry responded and I sighed. Well time to look for some clothes that don't cost an arm in a leg. All I could do was smile at Embry and begin looking for clothes.

By the time we were done the back of Embry's corvette had multiplied in the bags from Vertex. There was three bags from there and now there were tens bag. In my defense some was Embry's bags.

He decided to take me shopping with him. He was restocking things in his house and I got dragged into it somehow. I didn't even notice until the checkout. Embry restocked my bathroom with shampoo and conditioner. And got me a new puff when I told him how long I had mine. I honestly should listen to him more and not answer as many questions. Now here we were in his corvette with a bunch of bags in the backseat as Embry kept his foot on the pedal. We were taking a stop at his house to take the bags there.

"So Seth is with Serene like usual. Victor is out helping his mom at the hospital with some papers she has to go through. So it'll just be you and I." Embry said. "At your place." I responded and Embry nodded. "You want to stay over for dinner?" Embry asked with a smile on his face. "Depends on what your having." I told him and Embry smiled. "I'm making some chili." Embry responded. "Well I don't like beans in it and I'm not a fan of the tomatoes." I told him. "No beans and I'll pack it full of meat for you." Embry said.

That made me smile. No one packed it full of meat believing I should suck it up and eat everything. And this made me smile. "Thank you Embry." I responded. "No problem. Whatever makes this meal enjoyable for you." Embry said as he took a turn down another road and I settled in some. "That's nice of you." I told Embry who smiled at me. Embry pressed the gas once more and I leaned back watching the trees fly by. "So how are you liking Winterose?" Embry asked turning to me his burnt amber eyes curious.

"It's nice." I told Embry who nodded at that. "Just nice?" Embry asked. "Well it's not hotter than hell for one. But it's better than where I came from. It's just cold." I said and Embry nodded. "I don't like the heat, its a reason I live up here in the cold." Embry said. The cold did seem to be better than the heat. The cold can be combated with cheap heaters and piled in blankets. Fans barely did anything to the heat and you either had to have some really good air conditioners or tons of them to make sure it was cool.

Fans just couldn't cut it and 100 degree weather nor 90 degree weather and 80 degree weather was pushing it. Unless you had really good air conditioners, fans you were going to suffer the hot wrath of the heat. I had a two heaters. A small one in my bedroom and then a tower one for the rest. I didn't mind the cold now that my blood was thickening in it. Before it was terrible in the cold bundled up in big heavy jackets as the south thinned your blood. But now my blood was thickening.

And the cold wasn't as bad as it use to be to me. Which was relieving as I didn't like the cold all that much. But the cold could be combated with blankets. Embry cranked up the heat a bit more as he kept his foot on the gas pedal. "So did you enjoy today?" Embry asked. "Yeah it was fun, although you didn't have to buy me those clothes." I told Embry who shook his head. "I don't mind buying you clothes. I didn't have anything I needed to buy and my wardrobe is fine." Embry said and I nodded.

"The only thing I'd need to buy is food and Seth gets food stamps." Embry said and I nodded. "So do you like your chili spicy?" Embry asked and I bit my lip. "I can try it." I told Embry who smiled. "Good because I like my chili spicy." Embry announced and I nodded at that. "I'll let you try some before I add tons of spices to it and we can find the right spicy taste for you." Embry said turning to me. "Thank you." I told Embry who smiled at me his hand on the wheel.

"Do you not cook for many people?" I asked Embry. "Did Desiree tell you this?" Embry asked and I nodded. "Don't believe what she says, she's just mad that I don't cook her food like she thinks I should. Desiree eats like a fat person and gets mad when I don't make her food." Embry said and I nodded know understanding things like that. Embry turned to me. "But I only make food when I'm hungry and want to share, so yes you a bit lucky to have me cooking for you. Not as grand as the girls make it though." Embry said.