Prologue

Do you know what it’s like to be stalked by werewolves? Well I can tell you that it’s not fun. At all. They can hear your private conversations and see everything you do from far away. Luckily, I have nothing to hide, and they don’t know that I know that they are still here.

Yes, STILL here.

They came about a week ago, half their pack, just to ask me to join. As if! I have a pack, their just halfway across the world at the moment. Okay not for the moment.

See I have a twin brother. I’m technically part of his pack, but he lives in Europe. England, to be more specific. The only reason why I’m not with him is because after we were born, our parents split up. Mom took him and dad took me. They split up because they weren’t mates. Both their mates died in a huge war.

My parents lived as part of the most feared pack in the world. Another pack thought that they could defeat them and organized a surprise attack. Everyone in that pack died. Most of my parents pack died too, the people who were injured died soon after.

The only people left in their pack after all the dead buried was my mom, my dad, and the alpha.

The alpha’s mate had died in the fight and a week later told my dad he could be the alpha and committed suicide.

My parent’s tried to ‘re-create’ the pack by mating and asking for help from other packs. Nothing worked. The other packs deemed the land ‘haunted’ and ‘cursed.’ No werewolf would dare to step foot on the packs land. Until a week ago.

I just don’t understand it. Not even rouges would come on our land. When they do, my dad and I usually use a few tricks to scare them away. My dad doesn’t believe in killing after the huge war. He sometimes goes into his room and cries over a picture of his mate. I’ve heard so much about her. I think her more as a mother then my real mom. Even though I’ve never met either of them.

Okay well that's not true. I ‘met’ my real mom once when I was five. I wouldn’t really call it as ‘meeting’ her though. More like her trying to forcefully take me with her back to England. That memory is what scarred me for life...

**Flash Back**

“Goodbye, Mrs. Ella’s mom. Thank you for bringing me to the movies with you. I had a lot of fun.” I smiled to my best friend’s mom as she took me out of the booster seat in the back of her car.

“It was no problem Angel.” She smiled at me. “Would you like me to walk you up to your door step?”

“No, it’s alright. I can hear my daddy. He has company over; I don’t think he wants to be disturbed.”

She handed me my Kinder Surprise Egg that I hadn’t eaten yet, “Okay well I’ll see you later honey.”

“I’m not honey,” I frowned and she laughed. “Bye Ella.” I waved to my friend who was still in her booster seat in the car.

“Bye, bye Angel.” She waved back.

I smiled again and ran up to see who our guest was. Daddy and her were yelling at each other. I silently walked up the stairs of our front porch to our huge house. Daddy said that not too long ago lots and lots of people lived here. When I ask what happened to them, he always looks at me with glossy eyes and says that I will learn one day. I know not to ask him anything after that because it makes daddy really sad.

I slowly crept in through the front door and tiptoed towards the kitchen. I sat down on the floor beside the kitchen door and listened to what they were yelling at each other for.

“NO CLAIRE! You cannot take her. The day you left you made it perfectly clear that you didn’t want her.” Daddy growled. I have never heard him like this. He was really angry at her.