Chapter 3 - Slap Me!

Since I seem weak, the werewolves don’t think I can hear them. I can hear them. Oh, how I can hear them. All the way across the school in fact. My second period class, writing comprehension, has three male wolves in it. I’ve been trying my hardest to not tell them to tell their friends to shut the hell up.

In the distance all I can hear is:

“Dude I bet she’s good.”

“Dude I know.”

“She looks really delicate though.”

“Yea, one of us might break her.”

The three wolves in my class started to silently laugh. Obviously they heard it too.

SNAP!

There goes my pencil.

The three wolves turned to look at me from across the room.

“Oh shit, she can hear them.” One of them said out loud.

I was going to say ‘no shit Sherlock,’ but instead I stood up and stormed out of the room.

I needed to talk to Ella. Guess what room she’s in? The same room as those stupid bastards I was listening to.

I stomped around the school and over to the room. When I got there I just whipped open the door. All of the human’s seemed startled. Of course they did, I swear steam was coming out of my ears.

“W... Wha... What would... Yo... You like... Miss. Frost?” the teacher gulped.

I looked across the room and growled when I spotted the group of wolves I have learned to dislike very much. I saw Ella at the back of the room.

“Ella, please.” It wasn’t a question it was a demand. Everyone knows that when I'm mad, I get what I want.

She quickly gathered her things and ran past me into the hallway. I nodded towards the teacher and slammed the door shut.

I grabbed Ella's wrist and led her out into the school yard. She came along without protests. I let go of her as we started to walk through the forest. As soon as we were in quite a ways, I stopped and turned towards her.

“Slap me.” I said through gritted teeth.

“What? No! Do you realize how angry you are? If I do you'll probably just go all wolf on me and...”

I cut her off, “SLAP ME!”

“Why?” She crossed her arms over her chest.

“To slap some sense into me. Just do it already.” I took a step towards her.

“No!” She looked angry.

“Want me to take my anger out on you?” I brought my fist up.

“N... N... No...” He stuttered.

“Then slap me, straight across the face.” I said brining down my fist, and then I added. “Please.”

She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. I opened my mouth to say something to her but I couldn’t before her hand made contact with my cheek.

I looked down. Omg that was a hard slap.

“OH. MY. GOD. I am so sorry. I didn’t think I would hit you that hard. Please just don’t...”

I put my hand up to stop her babbling.

I looked up with a big smile, “Thank you,” I sighed. “I really needed that.”

She looked at me with a confused face but ignored me. We both started to walk back.

“You know,” She said once we were almost back out of the forest, “I’ve never understood you. Still don’t.”