Chapter 23

Hey guys. Another chapter for you wonderful readers!! -S

     Eliza's POV

     I drove on, quite bored. How did Angelica do it? How can she drive for so long without getting bored? It was only another half hour away, and it was about noon at this time. I can make driving on an empty highway for another half hour exciting, at least for me.

(Time skip brought to you by an egg sandwich.)

     I finally drove into the driveway and stepped out of the car. "How did I know it would be freezing up here." Alex muttered. 

"You always feel cold Alex." Herc snickered. Alex snorted and gave Pidge back to Peggy. Angelica went up to the door and knocked. Father opened it. 

"Angelica!! Peggy!! Eliza!!!" Father yelled. Peggy and I made our way over to where Angelica was. He gave us a giant bear hug. He put us down and noticed our friends standing around the car. "I see you brought friends." Angelica nodded and motioned for them to come over. The gang slowly shuffled towards her.

"This is Alex. That's John, Aaron, Theodosia, Maria, Hercules, and Lafayette." Angelica recited. Her father nodded. He then shook each of their hands, introducing himself.

"Come inside, I'll have rooms set up for all of you." Philip Schuyler said as he walked into the house.

     Alex's POV

     As we walked inside, I marveled at all the expensive decorations dotting the room. "This is such a big house, bigger than from the outside." I sighed. John nodded in agreement. Angelica and Peggy pushed us all into the living room I presumed. 

"You guys can wait here while our rooms are being prepared." Angelica said.

"What about our stuff?" Peggy piped up.

     "The maids will get them." Philip Schuyler said walking up behind us. I nearly yelped in surprise but managed to clamp my mouth shut so I don't embarrass myself any more than I have that afternoon. Don't say anything stupid Alex... John must've noticed and patted my back. I opened my mouth but closed it again because, I don't want to make a fool out of myself. Philip called something out and a few maids rushed out to the car and returned a few seconds later with all our bags. 

"That was quick..." Herc murmured. Laf nodded, trying desperately to fix his hair. 

"Follow me." One of the maids said cheerfully. We followed after the maids and went upstairs.

(Time skip to when they have gotten to their separate rooms because I really need to get this up.)

     Peggy's POV

     I held a squirming Pidge in my arms. Stop moving or I might drop you! I carefully put her down in the room me and Maria were sharing. "I do wonder who came up with the room arrangements." Maria said as she took some things out of her suitcase. The black puppy Maria had played with Pidge. 

"I never did ask what this one's name is." I said, scratching it's ear. 

     "His name is Jay. Seems to fit him quite well, don't you think?" Maria asked. I nodded in agreement and contently watched the two bundles of fur wrestle together on the ground. Those two are too adorable for words. "What exactly are we going to do while we're up here?" Maria asked, looking tired. I shrugged.

     "Dunno. Whatever Angelica wanted to do I guess." I said. "You should go to sleep Mari, I'll wake you in a few hours." Maria nodded and yawned. Then she collapsed onto the bed without hesitation. A few moments later, she was out cold. I pulled the comforter over her and allowed her to sleep. Even the pups began to get sleepy. I put Jay and Pidge in a bed I had brought for them to sleep in. Wrapping a big blanket around them, I realized I wasn't tired at all. This'll give me time to work on my book. I walked over to my backpack and pulled out my laptop. Opening up the story I began, I typed vigorously, like my life depended on it.

     Hello guys. I am so sorry that this is up so late. I kinda "borrowed" my mother's tablet to type this, even though it's a hassle. As you know, my parents are stupid and won't let me do something I like to do and that will benefit me in the future. Thank you so much for reading and for patiently waiting for this update. I'll try to update as soon as I can. -S