Chapter 24

My apologies for the short chapter last time. I am working to try and make them longer, but that will take some time considering the situation I'm in. But, you guys obviously don't want to hear about my personal life and problems, so, on with the story. -S

     Angelica's POV

I stayed downstairs with Eliza while the others went upstairs to get comfortable. "What exactly do you have planned for us to do?" Eliza asked. I shrugged.

"I dunno, whatever those idiots want to do." I said thoughtfully. Eliza slowly nodded. I took out my phone and sifted through some stuff for us to do. "There's a new museum that opened not to long ago, do you think they'd want to go there?" I asked Eliza after looking through my phone for a few minutes. 

"I'm sure Alex would want to go. Not so sure about the others. What's there?" She asked. I read the description.

"It seemingly has something that everyone would like." I said without looking up. I heard someone walk into the room so I looked up. "Hey Dad." I said as I looked back down at my phone.

"Hello Angelica and Eliza. Where's Peggy?" He asked. 

"She went upstairs with our friends to help them get settled." Eliza answered. Philip nodded. 

"I'd like to eat lunch with them, to get to know them better. Lunch will be ready in about twenty minutes, so let them know please." Philip said before walking to his office and closing the door. Eliza and I looked at each other. 

"Since when does Dad instantly want to get to know our friends?" I asked. She shrugged.

"Maybe he doesn't trust them, then it would make sense." Eliza said while thoughtfully tapping her chin. I thought for a moment before nodding in agreement. "I'll go tell them." Eliza said after a few moments of staring into space and she bolted up the stairs. What was that about? 

     Eliza's POV

I quickly went up the stairs and went up to the door of the first room I came across, Aaron and Theo's. I knocked on the door. "Hey guys." I said. Theo groggily waved and rubbed her eyes. Aaron seemed not to be tired at all, well, at least he didn't show it.

"What's happening Eliza?" Aaron asked.

"Well, Philip would like you all to join him for lunch in about twenty minutes."

"A home cooked meal?" Theo asked, immediately perking up. I nodded. "I haven't had a home cooked meal in the longest time! " She exclaimed, bouncing on her heels.

"Well, just be ready in twenty minutes. Don't wear anything too fancy." I said as I closed the door. 

(Time skip brought to you by the amazing library I'm able to type this in.)

 The gang walked downstairs following Peggy. Alex still had his hoodie on. "Why are you still wearing that Alex?" Eliza asked. Alex huffed but didn't answer.

"He says he's still cold." Herc snickered. John rolled his eyes.

"How though?" Eliza asked still quite confused.

     "He's from the Caribbean." John sighed. "He isn't used to the cold New York weather yet, even though he's been here for quite a while." John murmured the last part. He followed Alex and the rest of the gang into the kitchen. I followed slowly behind. Should I tell him?? Maybe I ask Peggy later on what she thinks. When I walked in, everyone was finding a chair. Angelica and Aaron sat closest to Dad while everyone else sat in the unoccupied seats. As everyone settled, Dad stood and addressed everyone.

"I am quite pleased you all could join us for a meal today. I expect for you to enjoy your stay with us and feel free to ask me anything." Dad said. He then motioned for the servers to begin serving everyone.

     That's be the end of this chapter. I'm thinking of ending this book really soon, but there'll hopefully be a sequel. I experimenting with different ideas. Besides, I'm running out of ideas for this book. Thank you for being patient and for reading!!! -S