Chapter 32

I really have no inspiration or motivation for this book anymore. But, I'm determined to finish it, even if it takes forever. -S

     Peggy's POV
     Alex owned Angelica with no problems at all. I don't know anyone who would be brave (or stupid) enough to take her on. Then again, he is in South Carolina. I snickered as I sat next to Angelica. "You aren't really gonna kill him, right?" I asked, blinking my eyes innocently. If she did plan on killing him, I'd have to warn to to keep away from her at all costs. That is, unless he wanted to be slapped into next week.

"Nah, I'll have mercy on him this once." She snorted.

"Oh thank goodness, I thought you were really going to slap him for a moment there." I said, stifling a laugh.

"I'm sure." Angelica deadpanned. I glanced around the dorm, looking for Eliza. I didn't see her in the living room, so I got up and peeked my head into her room. She sat with a laptop in her lap and she was staring absently at the screen.

"'Liza?" I asked. She jerked up and turned her gaze to me.

"Hey Pegster," She said, cracking a fake smile. "What's up?"

"I could ask you the same thing." I said, quite concerned. "You've been moping around since the trip, what's the matter?"

"Nothing," She murmured, shaking her head. You liar.

"Now I know you're lying. C'mon, tell me." I pressed. She gave a defeated sigh and looked at me.

"Listen, Pegs, I loved Alex and I wanted him to be mine. Why didn't you tell me he was already dating someone? In fact, why did you tell me to wait so long in the first place?!" She almost screamed. I fidgeted nervously and swallowed hard. How am I supposed to tell her?

"Alright," I sighed. "Don't take this personally, but when I met Alex and you told me you liked him, I didn't think you were right for him. I spoke to Laf and Herc about it and they said the same thing. Then, I remembered Burr's advice about waiting for the right opportunity, so I reminded you of it and silently hoped you would take it. Aaron is well respected, so I figured you'd listen to him. Then, Herc, Laf, and I were set on getting John and Alex together one way or another. They eventually got their feelings figured out and that's where we are now." I rambled. Eliza stared at me in shock and horror.

"And to think I trusted you." She growled. I flinched and slowly backed out of her room. I took a deep breath and began to calm myself down. It's all for the greater good. Pidge bounded up to me and sat at my feet. The little French bulldog seemed to sense that I was sad and nudged me towards my room. When I walked in, She scrabbled unto the bed and tapped my laptop with a forepaw.

"You always know what to do, girl." I said, rubbing her head. She got comfortable next to me and a began to read fanfictions from my favorite books.

Thomas' POV
"Maybe you should see a doctor, Jemmy." I told James, who had just vomited into a trash can.

"Yeah, Tommy, maybe I should." He said, propped next to the trash can, before vomiting into it again.

"I'm serious. You've been sick for a couple days and you won't let me help." I murmured.

"Alright, Thomas. If taking me will make you feel better, go ahead and do it." He sighed, defeated. He slowly got and and went to the bathroom to clean himself up. After a few minutes, he was ready and I carefully picked him up and carried him to my car. I sat him in the backseat and gave him a couple paper bags and wipes, in case he needed to vomit again. I drove to the nearest doctor's office and asked for an appointment. Since someone had canceled their own appointment, they gave it to us. We waited a few minutes and James filled out the symptoms sheet. I took it when he was finished and returned it to the receptionist.

     "James Madison." A nurse called from the door that was previously closed. I stood up and helped James to the examination room. The nurse took his blood pressure, weighed him, and measured his height. She stepped out to turn in the results and the doctor stepped in. He felt James over, measured his heart rate, looked in his ears and mouth, and finally, wrote all his results on his clipboard.

     "I'll be back in a few minutes with the results." He told me before closing the examination room door. James was almost asleep, laying his head on my shoulder. He should have let me bring him earlier. The doctor returned with a yellow paper in his hands.

     "He has an ear infection and influenza. I prescribed some antibiotics at the pharmacy near Colombia University. He needs to take two of the pills a day for four weeks. Make sure he swallows the pills with a meal." He says. He hands me a paper to sign and, after reading it over, I signed it and took the prescription paper. I nudged James awake and I sat he down in a chair in the waiting room and went to pay for the checkup. After paying, I carried him to the car and let him go back to sleep. Before heading home, I stopped by the pharmacy and got his medication.

* * * *

"I had to carry you around all day." I mumbled to James, who had now taken his pills, was sitting up on his bed.

"I know, and I'm grateful for that." He chuckled. "Then again, you probably would've done that anyway if I wasn't walking fast enough." I huffed and turned on my side to sleep. "G'night Tommy."

"'Night Jemmy."

Thank you guys so much for three thousand reads! That's insane! My writing isn't good enough to have even a hundred reads, but you guys seem to love it. Thanks so much, this means a lot to me!!

I'm am so sorry this took so long. I lost all inspiration for this book. Please tell me if you have any chapter ideas that I could use. I have none. Thanks so much for being so patient and for reading!! -S