Chapter 26

Hello my fellow readers. Here's another update to this book that was long overdue. -S

Eliza's POV
I stared after Peggy. Wonder what it is she didn't want to tell me... But if Alex is already in a relationship, I might as well give up chasing after him, right? Who's the lucky girl? These thoughts swarmed through my head as I headed to my room that I shared with Angie. I opened the door and stepped in. Angelica was typing something on here computer while staring at her phone. "Hey Angie." I said, gathering the courage to ask her if she knew. If Peggy wouldn't tell me, I don't know if Angelica would be willing to.

"Hey Eliza." She replied without looking up. I gulped.

"I was asking Peggy earlier about what I should do about Alex and she said that he was in a relationship, but she didn't say with who. Do you know?" I asked, suddenly hopeful. Angelica cringed and bit her lip.

"Well-" She began.

"'Well' what? Is it really that bad that you guys can't tell me? It's not as though I'm going to murder his lover or something." I said, clearly annoyed. Angelica sighs in defeat.

"I know." Her voice was barely a whisper. She straightened up. "Alex is currently in a relationship with John, and he's sorta bi." My face reddened at the thought .

"Well, t-thank you for telling me." I grunted through gritted teeth. I then collapsed on my bed and thought about all the chances I had, but I hesitated too long. Since when did I become so hesitant? I slapped myself mentally and realized there was nothing really that I could do. You idiot, you hesitated too long, and now you've lost him forever. I sighed and drifted into a fitful slumber.

John's POV

I really didn't want to talk about how I was feeling, that'd probably cause a lot more problems than necessary. I also didn't want anyone to worry about me. I not really someone who wants to be or deserves to be worried over. I mean, Alex cares, but I don't want him wasting his time. Why would my dad want to talk to me, he is already disappointed in me enough. I rubbed my face in exasperation and stared at the wall.

Alex's POV

I glanced at John, who was staring at a wall. He knows he doesn't have to hide anything from me, right? I considered asking him about it, but decided against it, for now. Sighing, I to headed to the door and put my hand on the doorknob. Just then, Herc bursts through which startled me into stepping backwards. John merely glanced at him before pulling out his phone. Herc grabbed my wrist and dragged me to his and Laf's room. "What the heck, Herc! Couldn't you have just knocked on the door like a normal person?" I asked, quite annoyed at him for nearly smacking a door in my face.

"You already know that I can't do that Alex, so stop asking." Herc responded, his voice light.

     "At least I tried." I huff before being pushed into the room. Laf catches me before I fell on the floor. "Thanks Laf." I said as I brushed myself off. Laf nodded. "Now, why did you bring me here?" I asked, quite confused. Laf glanced at Herc before giving me an answer.

"Here ya go Alex." Herc said, handing me a shirt. "Made it myself." I stood in shock as Herc handed me a shirt with the words 'Non-stop' on it. I didn't know what to say.

"T-thank you Herc, I love it." I said. I slowly grew used to these two idiots giving me stuff, even if it was stupid.

"Now, about John-" Laf began. What did Laf know about how John was acting.

"What about John, do you know what's wrong?" I asked, cutting him off. Laf slowly nodded.

     "He only gets like this when his dad calls or something, which has only happened two times before. His dad is rather rich, but doesn't approve of him being gay. When he opened up to him last year, his dad went ballistic and Herc and I had to step in. He must've gotten a call from his dad, but he probably doesn't want to talk about it." Laf admitted. I slowly nodded. At least I know what's wrong now. I took the shirt and went back to my room.

     I opened the door, surprised that John wasn't there. That's just great... I folded the shirt and put it in my small bag. Adjusting my hoodie, I went to find Peggy. I'll need to borrow Pidge.

     Hi guys. I am so sorry that this is late. I had to work on a geometry project, so I ran out of time. Thank you guys so much for reading. I cherish every vote and comment. Don't hesitate to give me any pointers on my writing style. Thanks again for reading!!! -S