Chapter 6: Black Hand

"Let's hurry up! The church should be close now!"

Lucas and Freya ran on the open streets, not minding that they were wanted criminals and just ran straight towards the church.

"O-oi...aren't those..."

"Yeah come on! Let's catch 'em!"

Every once in a while, players and city guards tried to stop them, only to be warded off by Lucas, Freya, or some other player they don't know.

"Go! We'll handle these guys!"

"Yeah! Leave them to us, White haired kid!"

"T-thanks..."

Lucas has no idea why these guys are helping them. But he no longer cared since they were in a hurry.

Though actually he has an idea why, he refuses to believe it and just ignored it.

Anyway, Lucas wanted to get this done and over with. So he postponed understanding them and just ran with Freya.

"...Come to think of it...I didn't even bind the trash king in chains or something..."

Feeling as if something might happen because of his carelessness, Lucas kept his guard all the time.

Then it happened.

Lucas and Freya tried to take a shortcut by going into the alleyways straight towards the church.

Because of this, there were no longer any bystanders and a certain person can finally use this chance.

At this type of developments, Lucas would somehow be able to detect the projectile and dodge it by a hair's breath.

However, reality isn't so nice.

Lucas has no ability that can detect a high speed moving projectile and thus, was unable to avoid it and died.

Not.

It was at this moment that Lucas' luck showed itself.

Notice

Congratulations! [Enemy Appraisal] has reached Intermediate level!

You can now detect enemies within a 5 meter radius!

A few moments before the attack, Lucas sensed the presence of an enemy hidden in the shadows.

Since he has been using this skill from the enemies that keep appearing before them, it was able to reach Intermediate immediately. Though, for some reason, Lucas forgot to use this on Fawkes earlier.

In the first place, someone will only be labeled as an [Enemy] if Lucas judged them to be one. However, there are cases when the system automatically registers someone as an [Enemy] when they show killing intent towards Lucas.

Coupled with his intermediate [Metallurgy Appraisal], Lucas also detected a metal projectile moving in high speed towards him.

Lucas wasn't able to avoid it completely but he managed to direct it away from his vital points.

"Gh..."

"!? A-are you alright!?"

It was only at this time that Freya was also able to sense the enemy and hurriedly supported Lucas.

Lucas looked at the projectile, shaped like a needle about 5 inches long, which is now embedded on his chest.

Name Steel Rank E