Chapter 7

Chapter 7: The Guardian Angel of the Innocent! The Grim Reaper of the Criminals!

Elwin climbed up the platform and stared at his opponent calmly on the other side. Meanwhile, Silas is glaring at Elwin hatefully.

Though Silas didn't really have anything to hate Elwin, just because of the fact that Elwin is on my side, he's thinking that my crimes are also Elwin's.

Hmm...I wonder if it's really alright to befriend Elwin if this will keep on happening?

Well, he seems to be fully aware of the consequences of befriending me when he talked to me earlier so I guess its fine.

"What's wrong? Not attacking? You coward!" (Silas)

"Haah...Alas, I was too hasty to attack on my match earlier. My main strength is in defense after all..." (Elwin)

Oh? Come to think of it, when Elwin attacked Aqua before, I thought that his strength was below average and wondered how he got a high cultivation but...it seems that he really is bad at fighting and his strength is on defense.

"Hmph, trying to act cool? Then receive this blow of mine! [Fire Palm]!" (Silas)

Silas charged at Elwin with a burning palm strike.

...Hmm...isn't that just coating your palm with flame? Are the martial techniques of this world that different to magic?

Well, I guess this world uses qi as the energy power instead of mana but it should also be fundamentally the same right?

As I was contemplating on the differences of qi and mana, Silas' palm was slowly approaching Elwin.

"[Earth Tower]!" (Elwin)

Elwin spread his feet apart and bent down. With a low shout, a transparent earthen yellow tower overlapped his figure, giving off an immovable kind of feeling.

As if he became the tower itself!

*Boom*

An explosion resounded as Silas' flaming palm touched Elwin before everything was surrounded by dust clouds.

After the dust settled, what was revealed was Elwin still in that immovable posture, with barely any scratch at all!

"Hmph, the [Earth Tower] really lives up to its name. But it is still inferior to our sect's [Fire Lotus]!" (Silas)

As he said that, he was suddenly surrounded by a flaming red aura, the shape of a lotus flower!

Even up to here, outside of the platform, I can still feel its intense heat!

Amazing...this isn't just surrounding one's self with a flame as that flame is just incorporeal and not a flame itself, yet it burns hotter than a normal flame!

Being real while not real yet more effective than the real! This is the martial cultivation!

Silas, while being surrounded by the fire lotus aura, approached Elwin whose sweat was dripping from his forehead.

"Heh, the [Fire Lotus] is indeed a frightening martial technique...but..." (Elwin)

Facing the incredible heat of the flaming lotus, Elwin grinned instead!

"I still haven't shown you my [Beast]! [Flash Grenade]!" (Elwin)

....Huh? Grenade? Wait, do those even exist in this world?

More like, what kind of demonic beast has that as its innate ability!?

Suddenly, a silhouette of a certain golem came to mind...