Chapter 3: Why?

Chapter 3: Why?

I arrived in Igur High School in the nick of time and was able to stop an attempted rape from happening.

Though I was surprised to see a lot of people in their [Harus] bodies, what shocked me even more was a certain girl in the room.

She had a long black hair, cold piercing eyes, and a pinkish pale skin with nice proportions. Though she had a different air about her now, I cannot be any more certain about her.

The girl who I once gave my whole world to seven years ago...and also the girl who destroyed it. Mii Shiratori.

My eyes went wide for but a second before returning back to normal.

Even though I'm very much surprised in meeting her, this isn't the time for that. It's a good thing I immediately removed [Mimic Mask] before reforming myself. Let's hope she doesn't recognize me...

At this point, I really regret using my own image for undercover...whatever, let's deal with this bastard first.

I redirected my gaze at the seemingly leader of the group and focused myself on the fight.

After a few minutes, the fight had ended with their leader on the ground and the others dead.

I had to admit, I really let my guard down which was why the leader was able to break free.

A [Berserker] has a skill that would give them a sudden burst of strength for a period of time called [Berserk]. After the time limit, they will experience pain and will not be able to move for a period of time.

This is one of the reasons why few people chose to be a [Berserker] as it's skills are mostly for when one is cornered.

At this time, I was prepared to take action to kill him immediately but he took a hostage. And it has to be Mii...

Right now, I felt conflicted.

Should I save her or not?

Should I agree to that guy and let him pass for her to stay alive or not?

Should I just slash through her or not?

When I saw her for the first time before, surprisingly, there was no hatred in my heart. But relief.

Am I relieved?

Am I relieved that she is well?

Am I relieved that I was able to see her?

I don't know...I don't understand...

Logically, I should hate her. I should never forgive her. But...when I saw those cold eyes of hers...all the hatred vanished as if it never existed.

I guess...in my heart, I have already forgiven her. But I never accepted it. Only now, that I see her so isolated, did I finally accept it and now, I can't help but get worried.

Why am I even angry at her? Even if I am, it shouldn't warrant for ignoring her life would it?

I don't know why she said those words but...it would seem that I wasn't the only one who broke on that day...

The leader calling himself Mizushi pressed a water blade on her neck which made me sigh in relief.

No matter what, if it's either fire, water, earth, wind, light, or dark, I am in complete control over them. How am I supposed to feel threatened in the face of a water blade?

So I walked casually to go near him.

Everyone was surprised at my actions that don't seem to care about the hostage but I ignored them.