part 13

Jack pov

I bolt up from my sleep, breathing heavily and frightened half way to death. I flinch as I feel the bed move next to me.
"Jack, baby you Ok?" I hear Mark's soothing voice ask, immediately making me calm down.
"Yeah... y-yeah just... another nightmare," I whisper, staring out into the dark room. I hear him sigh before wrapping his arms tightly around me, pulling me back down into a laying position.
"Its Ok, I'm here... no one is gonna hurt you... I promise," Mark comforts me, bringing me to his chest and running the pads of his fingers through my hair. I breathe in and sigh, feeling safer as I cuddle closer to him. After some time he falls back asleep, his breath landing on my hair. It's been two months since that day... haven't had a peaceful night since. I keep getting nightmares of that man's face, him doing things to me that made my body feel disgusting... I even had nightmares that Mark was there, doing the exact same thing... those ones scared me the most. I've been distancing myself from everything, not intentionally no, just feeling like I got more solace from being alone. It breaks my heart that Mark tries so hard to make me feel better and I just keep shutting him out. He gives me the space I need and knows exactly what to say and do... and I just close the door on him.
"Stop thinking that everything is your fault and go back to sleep," I hear him mumble and I chuckle lightly.
"How did you know I was thinking of that?"
"Cause I know You, your body is tense and your breath is quick. What happened that night, won't happen again... I can promise you that." Mark looks down at me and kisses my forehead, rubbing my back comfortingly.
"I'm here for you whenever you need me," he smiles at me, making my lips start to curl as well.
"I love You," I whisper, kissing him softly on the lips, him kissing back.
"I love you too... now go to sleep," he whispers back, hugging me again and closing my eyes. I relax my body and close my eyes too, already starting to drift off back to sleep.

I yawn sleepily as I wake up the next morning, rubbing the sleep out my eyes. I look up to see Mark already awake, playing with my hair.
"Morning," he smiled, kissing me softly.
"Morning," I smile back, hugging him tightly around the waist. He sat up and started getting out of bed, me whining and holding him closer to me. He chuckles lightly, picking me up and wrapping my legs around his waist before walking out the room and going downstairs. I beamed happily, holding his torso close to my body and kissing his cheek. He got to the kitchen and set me on the counter, kissing me before starting breakfast. I sat there and swayed my legs, humming to myself as he fried eggs and bacon.
After some time he plated the food and handed me mine. I thanked him, chowing down as he stood next to me and began eating.
"Slow down or you'll choke," he warned, chuckling, I rolled my eyes playfully before taking another huge bite of toast.
When we were finished, I started washing the dishes while he cleaned the rest of the house. I was done before him so I started helping by wiping down the kitchen counters and coffee table.
We finished our session of cleaning, having still half the day left. Mark parked himself on the couch while I got popcorn and drinks for a movie marathon. I snuggled up to him, wrapping us in a blanket and setting the bowl between us.
"What we watching first?" I ask, taking a handful of popcorn and shoving it in my mouth.
"Suicide squad," he replied, pressing play and me smirking excitedly. I related to so much in the movie, laughing a lot at most of the things that only psychopaths would understand. Mark looked bewildered at me so many times during the movie, chuckling at my dark sense of humour.

(Three movies, two bowls of popcorn and about a six pack of soda later)

We were in the middle of watching a horror movie called the bunnyman. It was a terribly made movie but we watched it anyway cause it was one of those movies that was so bad, it was funny. It got to a particular jumpscare that made me stop laughing. For some reason, memories of that day flooded back into me.
"Jack...?" Mark said, touching my shoulder, making me slap it away.
"Don't touch me!" I yelled, standing up and pacing to the other side of the room. I blinked slightly before looking back at a surprised Mark.
"I'm sorry... I didn't mean that I just... sorry," I growled and he got up, walking to me slowly.
"What happened there? Are you Ok?" He asked worriedly, I crossed my arms and rubbed my temples.
"Yeah... just need some time... to think," I replied, avoiding his eyes as I began to step out the room.
"You know what no," I heard Mark snap from behind me, I twirled around to see him clenching his jaw and looking at me annoyed.
"I am so sick of you pushing me away, shutting me out when all I wanna do is help You," he said, trying to leash his temper.
"Its not my fault Mark, we all deal with things in different ways and this is how I deal with It," I snapped back.
"Why can't you just let me help You?!" He started yelling and I stepped back, surprised at his tone.
"Why can't you just let me have my space to breathe?! Honestly it's like you've been breathing down my neck for the past two months!" I yell.
"I haven't been breathing down your neck, I've just been worried about You! You've just been spending too much time feeling sorry for yourself to notice that!" I finally broke, staring him straight in the eye before screaming.
"I WAS ALMOST FOOKIN RAPED MARK!!"
The whole room went silent, us both looking away from each other.
Mark looked down at his phone when it vibrated before looking up at me.
"I have to go to work," he growled, picking up his wallet and keys and going to the door.
"...bye," he whispered before going out and slamming the door behind him. I flinched as he did, standing still in the middle of the living room with tears threatening to fall. I growled, wiping my eyes before stomping upstairs, going into the guest room and ripping the loose floorboard off and taking out my supplies. I threw my clothes and mask on, strapping all my gear to my body and trudging to the window. Of course I was right to feel this way, Mark is wrong. He just doesn't understand it!
I sigh as I stand on the windowsill... that was our first fight, I hated it so much. I blinked away the tears as I went out the window, closing it before going on my killing spree.

                       ~~~