Chapter 1

Chapter 1
*Lilia's POV*
It all started after mom died... she unexpectedly died in a car accident and things have never been the same. Dad comes home drunk and angry every night. And when he gets home he has even more to drink. He then comes up to my room and beats me. At first it really hurt, but it has been about six months since it started so I've built up a tolerance to it. Sure I get bruises and cuts, but it could be worse. At times it does hurt, but I just ignore it because I have no other choice. I've tried to hide in every part in the house but he finds me every time. I've found that my closet gives me the most time to prepare myself for what was about to happen. So I hide there every time now. I still get scared but at least I know how to take care of myself after the fact. The worst part of it all is that I have to hide my cuts and bruises from everyone. I have no friends in high school and I don't talk to anyone. But at least it keeps me safe from other people knowing.
I hear the door open and slam shut, like always. I run into the closet and hide under a pile of clothes. I hear the pop of the bottle and chugging. But then something different happened. Another pop sounded throughout the house. And then it was chugged. I didn't hear the bottles break this time, something was different. This never happens, there is a routine to my torture. And now that it's off, and I'm terrified. Normally I can prepare myself but now I can't. My breathing becomes heavy and irregular and I know he will be able to hear me. I try to calm myself down but it just gets worse when I hear the footsteps coming up the stairs. They come closer to my room and he starts pounding on the door. Normally he doesn't talk whatsoever while he does this. But this time was different. "OPEN THE DOOR!!! IF YOU DON'T I'LL KNOCK IT OVER!!!" I don't say anything. The pounding on the door grows louder. "NOW I'M MAD!!!" I hear the sound of wood splintering. No way. He has never been this mad, I'm dead. I feel the tears threatening to fall, but I push them back. I can't show him that I'm in pain or scared because then he will beat me harder. I've learned from experience. He comes into the closet and immediately finds me. He grips my arms so hard I wince in pain, that was a mistake. He punches me in the gut and I fall over in pain. "GET UP!" he yells. I just stay down. He starts kicking me in the stomach. But then he throws a beer bottle at my head. It shatters and I can feel blood running down my head. Pain spreads throughout my entire body. He must have noticed. He smiles, "that hurts, huh? Perfect." The last thing I saw was his evil smirk before I blacked out.