Chapter 29

*WARNING SENSITIVE CONTENT*
Chapter 29
*Grayson's POV*
I slam my hand into the wall and storm out of the hospital room. I can't be there anymore. I have to get away. I run though the halls and out the hospital doors. "Grayson!!" Ethan yells, "come back!!" I start running. I don't know where I'm going, but as long as I get far away from that hospital, I don't care where I go. I hear footsteps behind me. "GRAYSON!!!" I run faster. The footsteps behind me quicken. I have to get away from this. I can't do this anymore. I run faster and faster. "GRAY!!! PLEASE!!" Ethan yells. I don't stop. I have to get away from this. I can't live like this anymore. I can't live with the guilt anymore. I can't live with the pain. I can't live knowing I put someone, let alone my sister, in danger. I run and run until I find myself at the bridge. "GRAY!!" Ethan yells again. I move to the ledge. I hear panting come closer and closer. He's coming. It's now or never Grayson. Do it. Jump. It'll all be over. No more pain. No more grief. No more life. "GRAY!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?" A tear rolls down my cheek. "It's the only way," I say. I move closer to the edge. "Gray, don't do this!" "It's all my fault. I don't deserve to live," I tell him. "Gray, it's not your fault. Step away from the edge and we can talk about it. Suicide is not the answer." He steps closer to me. "Don't take another step forward!" I yell. He steps closer. "I'll do it!!!" He steps closer. "ETHAN I SWEAR TO GOD I'LL JUMP!!!" He stops. "Come here Gray," he whispers. Just jump. It'll all be over. "Don't do it Gray," Ethan says. Do it. "Gray, don't do this." DO IT!! "Please...." Ethan reaches out his hand. I turn to look at the water. It would be easy to just jump and end it all. I turn to look at Ethan. Or, I can take Ethan's hand and keep on living with grief. But I still would have my parents, Ethan, Kylie, and Lilia. I look back at the water. But there would be sadness, grief, pain, and guilt. I look at Ethan. But I would have happiness, joy, family, friends, and life........."I choose life," I say as I grab his hand and he pulls me towards him. He hugs me and I start to cry, he does too. "I thought it was the only way out," I sob. "It's never the only way out.... oh god, I love you so much," he sniffles. "I love you too." "I need you in my life. You are my other half. Without you there is no me... I love you bro," Ethan says. "I love you E," I hug him again, "I don't know what I was thinking. It's like a voice inside my head told me to do it. Jump. And all the pain would be over." "But taking your life isn't the answer. You are worth it. You are worth living for. I know it might seem like you are stuck and there isn't a way out. But there will be one, it might just not show up right away. So you have to persevere and get through it. With the help of family and friends. We are here for you bro, talk to us." I hug him and squeeze him tight like I'm never going to let go. "Thank you," I say. He squeezes me back, "you're welcome bro."