Chapter 30

Chapter 30
*Grayson's POV*
Ethan walks me back to the hospital. Thoughts and questions flood my head. Why did I do that? What is wrong with me? Am I ok? Will I attempt to do that again? E takes me to the doctors and tells them about what just happened. "Grayson, they are going to talk to you. Ok?" Ethan asks. I nod my head. I walk into the room and there is a person sitting at a desk with a notepad. "Grayson Dolan?" They ask. "Y-yeah," I reply. "Hi, I'm Dr. Porter. I'm going to be talking with you about you and your life right now. Is that ok?" "Y-yeah sure." She smiles, "good." "So the first thing I'm going to ask is what in your life might have triggered this suicidal behavior?" "W-well my sister was recently in a car crash. Which caused her to be put into a coma." "So is it grief? Or something else about this situation?" "Well probably a mixture of grief and guilt." She writes on her notepad. "And why would you feel guilty?" She asks. "W-well I'm the one who asked her to get the snacks. Which is the reason why she was in the car." "Hmmm," she writes some more on her notepad. "Are you close to your sister?" "Yes, very." I start to tear up. "How long has she been in a coma for?" "Oh, um, three days." "Have you been sleeping, eating, and conversing normally throughout those days?" "N-no. I haven't slept or eaten much. And I don't really talk to Ethan or Kylie as much." She writes on her notepad. "Hm. And why haven't you been doing these things?" "Well I'm too worried that something is going to happen to Lilia during the night, so I stay up. And I'm just not in the mood to eat. And I've been thinking lot, so I don't talk to them as much." "What have you been thinking about?" I stare at her for a moment. I gulp. "How it's all my fault that she's in this coma. And how she might die because of me. And how I let down Lilia because I wasn't there to protect her." "But you haven't let her down,"she says, "you are here every second of everyday to make sure nothing bad happens to her. That sounds like protecting her to me." "I haven't thought about it like that." "Try to think on the positive side of everything. I know it might be hard to do that when things are bad. But it is the only way you will get out of it." "Hm, ok. I'll try." "Good. Now I'm going to ask a few more questions." "Ok," I reply. "What were you thinking about while you were on the bridge?" "I-it felt like someone else was in control of my thoughts and my actions. My mind was telling me that if I jumped... all the pain would be over with. But I know that that's not the only way out. But at the time it felt like the only way out." She writes a lot of stuff on her notepad. "Have you ever had suicidal thoughts before?" "No, I've always been a very happy guy." "So this is the first time you've even thought about it?" "Yeah." She writes some stuff in her notepad again. "How is your family?" "Good, well, besides Lilia." "So no issues with family life," she says to herself as she writes. "What about school, do you have any issues at school?" She asks. "Nope." "Ok, well I'm going to have you go home and get some rest and eat. Your brother will stay home with you to make sure nothing else happens." "But I have to stay here and watch over Lilia!!" "I promise you that if any more information is found out about her you will be the first to know. But right now you need to sleep and eat. You aren't in your right mind right now and the best thing for you to do is go home and get some rest." "O-ok." "In two days I want you to come back and I'll do another assessment to see how you are feeling. But remember, talk to your family. They will help you if you are going through something. Also remember, think about the positives in everything." "I will." "Good, now go home and get some rest." We walk out of the room and I'm greeted by Ethan. "I'm going to have you take Grayson home and have him sleep and eat. It'll be good for him to be home with his family." "But our parents aren't getting back until tomorrow morning," Ethan tells her. "That's ok, I think it will be good for him to get out of this hospital. He's been in here for too long," she says. "Ok, let's go Gray." "Wait. Let me say goodbye to Lilia," I say. We walk to her room and I sit down next to her. "Hey Lilia. It's Grayson. I need to tell you something. I'm going to be gone for the next two days. I'm going to go home and make sure I'm healthy for when you come back. Ok?" She signals 'Yes'. "Now don't you worry about me. You have to worry about yourself waking up so that way once I come back you can talk back to me. Ok?" 'Yes' "Good, good. I love you so much Lilia and I promise I will be back. I promise."