Chapter 14

Chapter 14
*Grayson's POV*
"I'm sorry Gray, I promise I won't let it happen again." "Thanks bro. I just want to protect you." "I know, and thanks for doing it." "No problem. Now lets go find Kylie and Lilia." I texted Lilia to come while we were in the car. We go into the living room and people are dancing and singing, but Kylie and Lilia are no where to be found. We look around some more and I eventually spot Kylie walking out of the bathroom. "There you are!" I say. "Hey, Gray! Hey, Ethan!" Ethan just looks the other way. Ethan still to this day hasn't forgiven Kylie for what she did. Sure it was messed up, but it has been almost TWO YEARS. And she has totally changed after that night. She was transformed into a new person because of how bad she felt. But Ethan still won't forgive her. "Anyways, where is Lilia?" I ask. "Oh, uhhhhhhh" "What does that mean?" I ask. "Um well, Lilia didn't exactly follow your directions. And we came a little bit early." "What?!?" "Don't get mad.  She's totally fine, well not really," she laughs. "Just tell us what happened," Ethan says annoyed. "Well, she was dared to go upstairs and stop someone from having sex. I'm surprised she isn't done yet. She's probably just scared to do it. I'm sure she'll be down in a bit." "Oh, ok," Ethan says. "Should I go check on her?" I ask. "Eh, she's probably ok. But I guess it couldn't hurt." "Ok. I'll be right back. Have fun you two!" I smile. Ethan rolls his eyes and I walk to the staircase. But before I start to climb it I swear I hear someone say help. But it is kinda faint and the music is so loud that I think I am hearing things. So I walk up the stairs and start to check all the rooms. I open the first one and I don't see anyone. I walk into the second room when I hear a girl scream help from the room down the hall. And I swear it sounds just like Lilia. I run over to the room and it is silent, until I hear a guy's voice whispering but I can't quite make out what he is saying. I start to pound on the door. There is silence for  moment and then I hear the guy's voice, "wrong room." "No, I think I have the right room. Now open this door or I'm breaking it down," I say back. I hear the creek of the bed and footsteps leading to the door. It slowly opens and I see Nate's face peep out from it. "Dude, what could you possibly need right now?!?" he whisper yells. "I'm sorry was I interrupting something??" I ask. "Uh, yeah!" A million things are running through my mind. Is Lilia really trying to sleep with Nate? Why? I told her to distance herself from him. Could she have ignored me? I mean, she didn't listen to me about going to the party. So maybe she could have ignored my advice on this. But the girl screaming help seemed so real. And I could've sworn it was Lilia's voice. "Sorry about that. I just can't find Lilia anywhere and I thought I heard her scream help," I tell him. He stiffens up a little. "Weird," he says. "You wouldn't happen to know where she is... would you?" I ask. "N-nah man." He starts to close the door. But I put my foot in the door and push it open. "You sure?" I ask. "Yeah I'm sure man." Just then I see someone stand up behind Nate... Lilia. She mouths help. I look him dead in the eyes. "You son of a bitch," I say as I punch him in the face. He stumbles backward and I walk into the room. "I can't believe you hurt her!!" I yell. "I gotta do, what I gotta do," he replies. He tries to punch me but I block it and punch him in the gut. He doubles over in pain but quickly recovers. He stands up and jumps on top of me, taking me down to the floor, and punches me in the face. I flip him over and punch him a few times. His nose starts to bleed and I think he might be unconscious, so I stop. "That's what you get for messing with my sister." I finally get a chance to look at Lilia. It's pretty dark, but because the door is open some light was able to come in. And I see that she has marks on her wrists and arms. I walk over to her and she backs up. She looks at Nate and then back up at me and then back down at him and back up at me. She is scared of me. "I promise I won't hurt you. I came to save you from him." She relaxes a little but tenses up and I walk closer. "Don't be scared. I'm here to help. It's me, Grayson. Your brother." She starts tearing up and runs over to me and gives me a hug. "Shhhh, it's ok. I'm here now. I won't let him hurt you anymore." "I was so scared," she whispers. "It's ok. I'm here now." "Thank you for saving me." "Of course. I'll always protect you." She sniffles and then giggles. "What's so funny?" I ask. "I've been thinking about this for awhile. You are just like my guardian angel. You know, always watching over me and protecting me." I smile, "And I promise I will always be your guardian angel."