Chapter 24

Chapter 24
*Grayson's POV*
We call mom and dad and they say they are going to catch a flight to come home from their trip. They should be coming sometime tomorrow morning. Ethan, Kylie, and I decide to spend the night and watch over Lilia. I'm going to spend every second in here until she wakes up. I don't want her waking up to an empty room or a room full of doctors. I want her waking up to family. So I'm going to wait here for as long as it takes. Ethan and Kylie eventually fall asleep in the hospital chairs but I can't sleep. I keep replaying the scenario in my head over and over again. If I hadn't asked her that last time she wouldn't be in a coma. If I hadn't asked for snacks she wouldn't be in a coma. If I hadn't just done one small thing... Lilia wouldn't be in a coma. This is all my fault. If I hadn't been so selfish and would've just gotten the snacks for us... she wouldn't be here right now. She wouldn't be in this life threatening situation. But she is... because of me. Tears pool in my eyes as I stare at her lifeless body. A tear slowly falls down my face. Then another. And another. I look at the ground. I can't stand to look at her. It just reminds me of my terrible mistake. I fight back the tears and they stop. I have to be strong. But how can I, when a person I love is I'm so much pain? How can I get through this? Will Lilia ever wake up? And if she does, will she be permanently damaged? I look up at Lilia.... could she die? No. Lilia is strong. She will get through this. I stand up and walk over to her bed. I grab her hand. I run the back of it. "Hey," I say to her, "I don't know if you can hear me, but I'm going to talk to you anyways. Um... I just wanna say that you are strong and you can get through this. We all miss you and can't wait for you to come back to us. I miss the sound of your laugh. I miss the sarcastic jokes you tell. I miss the way you light up the room. I miss the way you could make anyone happy. But most of all I miss you," I fight back the tears, "I miss you so so so much..... please come back."