Chapter 2

The Capital (Grounder's Kingdom, capital city)

KING DROGO
"My king! My king!" The voice of one of my warriors pulled me from my thoughts as I look upon my city and my people on my balcony. I turned and look at the warrior who seemed sweating and nervous to report something from me. "Speak warrior, I don't have all day" I said with irritation. The warrior unable to look at me in the eyes bowed his head and took a big gulp before saying "My king I'm sorry to disturb you but there's a red light coming from the tower..." I was shocked and at the same time angry to the news that I heard. How dare these sky people. What do they want now?! For many years when the barrier was made and the blood contract was done. The grounders and the sky people almost forget each other's existence. I called dracaris my dragon who immediately appeared, I hop on his back and command him to take me to the tower minutes later I spot the tower and jump off dracaris and immediately run towards the barrier. I was stopped on my tracks as I surveyed the barrier glowing with red. My warriors are ready and on with their protective stance. The red glow grew bigger then finally an image of woman appeared in the barrier. The woman wore a gold sequenced gown and a crown on her head. She has a blonde medium leng golden wavy hair that complements her gown and crown. Her eyes are dark blue and has a skin as white as snow. Then I recognized the woman as I stare at her face. Chills run down my spine and my stone cold face look at the woman. "Well.. well.. to what do I owe this pleasure Queen of the sky people" I said with gritted teeth and piercing eyes. My warriors are behind me and ready to fight and defend their king if this woman will make a mistake on planning of killing me. The queen looked behind me for a brief moment surveying my warriors then look back at me. The next thing she did surprised me. She slowly kneeled down and bowed her head before me "Great King of the grounders I queen of the sky people bowed before you as a sign of surrender and to wish no harm to you and your people..." she slowly lift her eyes and find mine then continued "my king we wish to ask your assistance... me and my people are in danger, sudden disapperance are occuring and growing each year..." I interrupted her speech then said "And why would I help you?" Then the sky queen look at me silently before answering "cause your people would be in danger too.. whatever creature or thing took my people may also took yours, our best trackers could not detect them and no bodies have been found... it is a threat to both races" I scanned my warriors who are still in daze to the news they heard. I rubbed my temple and think deeply on this matter. As much as I hate to admit it but the sky queen is right whatever creature took her people will be also coming for mine, it is a high risk threat but I could not just trust them easily for what happened years back. I look at the queen in the eye who is still kneeling in front of me and said " I'll give you and your people to convince my people to help you... they will decide your fate. Come back tomorrow before sundown I permit you and some of your subjects to come to my kingdom and face my people." The queen seems hesitant but easily masked it and composed herself "very well then I will accept your proposal, thank you for being considerate my king.." I turned my heel to leave but stopped and glance to the sky queen and said "oh, before I forget.. do not expect a warm welcome" then continued my way.